Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kotono Mitsuishi Leads New Sailor Moon Crystal Anime Cast


Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sweet_kungfuman



Joined: 27 Apr 2014
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:11 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
kuron3kosama wrote:
As for the "what is moe" debate, here's a handy-dandy infographic I found a few weeks ago (as well as the reddit comment-chain that grew from there) that explains moe perfectly.


I don't need an infographic to understand moe. I understand what it is, as well as the value it's derived from. Confused

Dude, what are you talking about? FenixFiesta's explanation and Kuron3kosama's links explains everything clearly. The fact that you're so blatantly wrong and refuse to be corrected just shows how narrow your view is. This case is closed i guess.


Last edited by sweet_kungfuman on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psajdak



Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 126
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:17 am Reply with quote
I guess because Aya, Kotono, Yuko, Masako, and Megumi had extremely recognizable voices that didn't changed much since 90s.

Aya still voice Aa! Megami-sama! anime, and she looks even younger than Ami.

Due to that recognizability, it always seemed Ami belongs only to Aya.

On the other hand, while they are good seiyuu, Michie, Emi, Rica, Kae, and Chiyoko, IMO, don't have that dinstinct color, where we can easily recognize them, and that's why their new seiyuu feel quite fine.

IMO, Hisako Kanemoto would be far better as Chibiusa.

At least, I hope 90s anime seiyuu still get some roles in new anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zeo1fan



Joined: 02 Sep 2011
Posts: 1015
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
sweet_kungfuman wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
kuron3kosama wrote:
As for the "what is moe" debate, here's a handy-dandy infographic I found a few weeks ago (as well as the reddit comment-chain that grew from there) that explains moe perfectly.


I don't need an infographic to understand moe. I understand what it is, as well as the value it's derived from. Confused

Dude, what are you talking about? FenixFiesta's explanation and Kuron3kosama's links explains everything clearly. The fact that you're so blatantly wrong and refuse to be corrected just shows how narrow your view is. This case is closed i guess.


That the infograph makes points, while aware of opposing points, doesn't inherently mean it's wholly correct.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
zeo1fan



Joined: 02 Sep 2011
Posts: 1015
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:57 am Reply with quote
sweet_kungfuman wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
kuron3kosama wrote:
As for the "what is moe" debate, here's a handy-dandy infographic I found a few weeks ago (as well as the reddit comment-chain that grew from there) that explains moe perfectly.


I don't need an infographic to understand moe. I understand what it is, as well as the value it's derived from. Confused

Dude, what are you talking about? FenixFiesta's explanation and Kuron3kosama's links explains everything clearly. The fact that you're so blatantly wrong and refuse to be corrected just shows how narrow your view is. This case is closed i guess.


For example; if someone made a video about how awesome video games are, and I shared a video made by Anita Sarkeesian to prove why they weren't, the points with which I was responding wouldn't be any more correct for having been framed in a professional format, nor would they be any more correct for having more people supporting them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
#810558



Joined: 13 Mar 2014
Posts: 53
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:01 am Reply with quote
They can F this new anime up however they want, and it's still going to be higher quality than the original anime. You wanna complain about the artwork? Lol. Go back and watch a few episodes drawn by Masahiro Ando and Taichi Nakamura. Bye.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZackDeMars



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:16 am Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
Psajdak wrote:
Wherever I go, I see people feeling bad about Aya being replaced with Hisako, even on japanese sites.

It made me bitter too.


How come?

Japanese bloggers will over react to anything that doesn't appease them, not too different from this thread where most of the responses are bickering, ignorant, or ignorant bickering.


I think they have a larger view there to prone their reactions and objections than we have outside Japan in first instance.
Especially if the production of the new show wants to probe on fans reactions and feedbacks !

And I understand the frustration ! I don't think the new design is really bad to the point that it is necessary to make a fuss about it when we get used to it and it's working on me but I love the irony coming from the fact that it was decided to stick into sailor moon origins of the manga without working in keeping the original seiyuus ! What if they still fit ?! I mean, constant changing is good but why if it was already good the way it was before ??

The supreme shonen licence Dragon Ball (kai) works with the same group of voice actors since Day 1, that's the most blatant example !!

Personally, if I could erase my resentment I would, but selfishly as a very passionate and quite visceral fan, I don't mind if they stop after revitalising the arc Dark Kingdom coz it doesn't go my way . .

Good point : It will make me cherish the former adaptation at the utmost !!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sweet_kungfuman



Joined: 27 Apr 2014
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:30 am Reply with quote
ZackDeMars wrote:

And I understand the frustration ! I don't think the new design is really bad to the point that it is necessary to make a fuss about it when we get used to it and it's working on me but I love the irony coming from the fact that it was decided to stick into sailor moon origins of the manga without working in keeping the original seiyuus ! What if they still fit ?! I mean, constant changing is good but why if it was already good the way it was before ??

Dude, what are you talking about? Manga don't use seiyuu so i think there is no irony about that statement regarding sticking to the manga more faithfully.

While i don't really care about this seiyuu stuff, I do understand about the nostalgia factor & people wanting the old seiyuus to come back though ... .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Just-another-face



Joined: 08 Feb 2014
Posts: 324
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
On the other hand, while they are good seiyuu, Michie, Emi, Rica, Kae, and Chiyoko, IMO, don't have that dinstinct color, where we can easily recognize them, and that's why their new seiyuu feel quite fine.


What in the world are you blabbering about? If you hear the same voices for the same characters and recognize them, how would they not have a "distinct color"? That doesn't make any sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psajdak



Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 126
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, for instance, Emi Shinohara, when I hear Kushina in Naruto: Shippuuden, I can't connect her voice to Makoto in Sailor Moon.

Or Michie Tomizawa as Roberta in Black Lagoon, she really doesn't remind me of Rei.

I don't know, I think there are simply some people whose voice won't change all that much through their life, and you can recognize them even if they voice characters with different personalities (Yoshiko Sakakibara, Toru Furuya, Shuichi Ikeda, Norio Wakamoto, Aya Hisakawa, etc...), and some whose voices change drastically with years.

EDIT: Speaking of voice actors, I find it very sad Yuri Shiratori isn't active anymore, and she had quite a few important roles in 90s, and early 00s.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Just-another-face



Joined: 08 Feb 2014
Posts: 324
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
I don't know, I think there are simply some people whose voice won't change all that much through their life, and you can recognize them even if they voice characters with different personalities (Yoshiko Sakakibara, Toru Furuya, Shuichi Ikeda, Norio Wakamoto, Aya Hisakawa, etc...), and some whose voices change drastically with years.


Yeah, but that's called having range (for example, most female voice actors can voice little boys and older women). Toshihiko Seki voiced Carmine from Dragon Century, Shuda in Rave Master, Loni in Tales of Destiny 2 and most recently Kogoro in Project X Zone; he really can sound different. While I'm hard pressed to believe when people say "his voice really hasn't changed all that much", he can voice all these different roles with different pitches and somehow people recognize him easily.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Running Wild



Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 337
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:17 pm Reply with quote
If you told me the Sailor Scouts were 2nd years in Middle School, I wouldn't believe you with how amazonian they look.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jet_



Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 398
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:32 am Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
If you told me the Sailor Scouts were 2nd years in Middle School, I wouldn't believe you with how amazonian they look.

Amazonian? That's a pretty big over exaggeration.
Sure, they don't look like middle schoolers in the new designs, but they didn't in the original character designs either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shamisen the great



Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 658
Location: Oregon, USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:55 am Reply with quote
sweet_kungfuman wrote:

Dude, what are you talking about?
Dude, that is getting really annoying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Rukiia



Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 1896
Location: British Columbia, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote


Looks like the series is confirmed to have 26 episodes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
elior1



Joined: 02 Feb 2012
Posts: 89
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:46 pm Reply with quote
it going to be 26 episodes and each episode will be 30 minutes long which mean it will be at least year long run
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 14

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Loading next article...