• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yamato 2199 Films' Trailer, Teaser, Story Outline Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
Awesome. I can't wait to see this film and what is has to offer :>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fronzel

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
Maybe all those new characters will actually get to do something.

Nah.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:30 am Reply with quote
I hope its not too goofy. Alot those late Yamato films were little wacky with their concepts. I'm glad the film has an original plot.
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
I hope its not too goofy. Alot those late Yamato films were little wacky with their concepts. I'm glad the film has an original plot.

Keep in mind this takes place on the return journey from Iscandar, in between Episodes 24 and 25 of Yamato 2199, so it's actually inside the existing story timeline - and the enemy is Gatlantis, the Comet Empire from the second series of Yamato/Star Blazers.

On another note, the Yamato website has already listed cinemas it will be screening the movie in. Unlike the limited release the 2199 chapters got, the movie will be nationwide, with 90 cinemas screening it: http://www.yamato2199.net/about/theater_a.html

I'm also curious where this translation comes from:

Quote:
The film will depict "the struggle between Gatlantis, the mysterious power on its way to invading Earth, and the Yamato crew who encounters it."

The storyline on the official site (http://www.yamato2199.net/about/story_a.html) says absolutely nothing about Gatlantis's destination - last we saw in 2199 spoiler[Gatlantis were trying to make inroads into the Garmillas Empire] - There's nothing to suggest that Gatlantis have even heard of Earth, much less that they're heading to it.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Wooh, that White Comet theme music always send shivers down me.

I hope they use the love theme, too. Though the romance angle in 2199 is pretty weak.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:15 pm Reply with quote
This was the news I've been hoping for! What would make it even better is that it leads into an entire second series centering around Gatlantis.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Awesome!

Speaking of 5.1 audio, I wish we got 5.1 sound on the home version of the series too, it probably would have been glorious for this show since it's audio is really nice and ofcourse the amazing music.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1