• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Momo Kyun Sword (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote

Momo Kyun Sword (TV)

Plot Summary: Momoko is a beautiful young sword fighter who was born inside a peach (momo in Japanese). She lives with her constant companions—the dog god Inugami, the monkey god Sarugami, and the pheasant god Kijigami—in a peaceful paradise. However, a demon army led by devil king invades the paradise and steals the precious treasure that protects Momoko's land. To retrieve the treasure and save the people, Momoko embarks on a great adventure with her three companions.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:
Eh, I was not very impressed with this. There were a lot of fan service. They spoiler[did introduce the majority of the characters] though and some action scenes were alright. I wonder who the strongest among those girls is though...maybe we'll see as more episodes are aired.

On another note, the fantasy atmosphere was tolerable I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:47 am Reply with quote

This is classified as fantasy.
I would not agree that it's only that.
All girls, prevy animals and lots of big boobs.
The girls seems to bespoiler[ shinobi] or something though.
Skipping this..
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:59 am Reply with quote
ep.1

spoiler[
long ago an old couple living normal life til one day when found giant peach & open find a girl they named her momoko yet she grew up fast.

forward to now demon are rising from the grounds which cause heaven maidens send tennyo squad to earth cause the demon are after for fragment of pink shards.

back to momoko now grown-up having training from giant tree chops, chop wood dummy, & jab stab breaking giant boulders with her 3 animals are training her to fight the demons.

so after training & shrine go home see her grandparents til news of demon on rise then tennyo squad arrive at village give momoko charge going are you the demons yep our heroine is bit air-headed.

yet village attack the demons are here all that training now momoko fight the demons til green demon lead the village attack give bit strong for momoko it's time for special combine mode where momoko combine with her animals.

momoko + dog = blue hair spear axe mode yet beat green demon yet still need more training for her spiritual union modes power after fight tennyo squad's boss ask momoko help in stop the demon & find the fragments.

next day momoko go do it help the tennyo beat demon & get the fragments with the journey begins.]

well this quite the start yet i wonder a certain other taros from a train rider going feel they went this route?!
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:03 am Reply with quote
My only hope for this show is that Zac writes a preview for it Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

Wow, it is not often I can say this with such certainty, but that was actually so bad that it was kind of good. So many problems from fan service thrust into the audience's face, terrible/cliché dialogue, and things that don't quite make sense. Like spoiler[wood destroying a boulder], the divine people spoiler[being terrible for their job], and her getting embarrassed about her looks at times looks when she seems to dress incredibly skimpy.

This was laughably bad, and I am getting a little sick of the Peach thing in anime, yet some parts seemed strangely more genuine, I might actually watch more if I am up to nothing. Also one part with a boob bounce got me snickering for just how bad, it reminded me of some of the terrible things that came from independent boob bouncing physics of Dead Or Alive.
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
hehe... I got the same impression when watching it. But because of a that it seems like this might be fun to watch. (you know, stupid fun)
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I'll wait for the AT-X broadcast.
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Fanservice show of the season is here. The censorship ruins it but they have to make money with the bd/dvd version. The story so far is very straightforward and it's disappointing how easily the Celestial Maidens lost to the big ogre. Anyways the show should improve with more characters joining.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Wow, it is not often I can say this with such certainty, but that was actually so bad that it was kind of good.

That's exactly what I was thinking as the episode came to a close. The jiggle physics were a tad ridiculous at times... It seems they've replaced Momoko's and the others chest muscles with elastic bands. May aswell use them as a weapon instead. Rolling Eyes

Momoko also has the best/worst outfit I have seen in a while, depending how you look at it. I do like Ayana as a VA though, so I'll guess I'll stick with the show for the meantime.
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quote
Ep1 -

I'm going to pass on the rest of this one. I was considering just waiting for uncensored boobs but I don't think that's my entire problem. I just don't care about the cast and story. I'm not a fan of Japanese legends anyway so the Momotaro thing isn't winning any points with me and Momo getting all embarrassed when her outfit was wrecked was kind of boring since they're already hanging out.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:53 pm Reply with quote
well, this is exactly what I thought it would be, stupid. However, I'm totally ok with that, since I did find it amusing. I think I can keep watching
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Not absolutely horrible, but in no way good. I like my fanservice a little smarter, and drawn better.

Plus, what is up with the bright rash on top of the breasts?
My first drop of this season.
SABUROU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:41 am Reply with quote
test
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:19 am Reply with quote
Awesome first post, bro. Wink
誤称

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:39 am Reply with quote
Any post involving Tina is a good post.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2