• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cowboy Bebop Scavenger Hunt

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Want to win an awesome exclusive special edition of Cowboy Bebop?

Not really. I love Cowboy Bebop, but Funimation (once again like with the Attack on Titan LE's) did a poor job with this impractical vinyl style set. I will stick with the BD standard edition.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:34 am Reply with quote
As usual, we have a few little tricks that will disqualify cheaters

Like what, checking IP? That'd work different against people living in the house that also want to enter, so would seeing that they have the same mailing address. I guess someone could get around that if they had a work address.

Getting Error 502 when I entered and when I click the ads, but the verifying e-mail did go through so I guess it's working?
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:44 am Reply with quote
I got an error 502 as well when clicking on the ads I found after entering
the contest. =<

Quote:
"The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.

Please try again in 30 seconds. That’s all we know. "

^Tried,but nothing is coming up.

This sucks.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:11 am Reply with quote
I was having the same problem when I clicked on the ads.

I want this damn thing!

(Also, just noticed the "bonus".)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AnimenexuS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:07 am Reply with quote
I think it works now But it's taking me to Funi store Cowboy Bebop page
endallchaos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:27 am Reply with quote
Yes please!!! Smile
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:30 am Reply with quote
I don't recognize that error message as being from our servers, so I'm guessing it was a temporary problem on the Funimation server where you get redirected after entering the contest or clicking an ad. It doesn't seem to be happening anymore, though.

Don't worry, your clicks were counted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:05 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Quote:
Want to win an awesome exclusive special edition of Cowboy Bebop?

Not really. I love Cowboy Bebop, but Funimation (once again like with the Attack on Titan LE's) did a poor job with this impractical vinyl style set. I will stick with the BD standard edition.

1-Anyone's yet to do any kind of unboxing for the premium edition, hence you can't really render judgment on its quality or practicality until someone gets their hands on it...

2-Huh? The AOT limited editions were awesome, if not expensive as hell.

3-There's always Amazon's set.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
How do we know if our entries are going through though?

I had made an ANN account after registering for the contest under the same email, will that be linked to the contest so that, when I am signed in, each time I click on an ad it will be counted?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:23 am Reply with quote
Everything appears good. We' fixed a problem on our end, and the 502 isn't happening anymore ether.

All clicks made during the morning were counted, even if you received an error message (the error was after the counting stage).

If you click on the banner and end up at Funi's page, it means your click was recognized and counted. Otherwise you will be asked to enter your e-mail address or register.

-t
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
As usual, we have a few little tricks that will disqualify cheaters

Like what, checking IP? That'd work different against people living in the house that also want to enter, so would seeing that they have the same mailing address. I guess someone could get around that if they had a work address.

We pick a winner first and then disqualify him/her if we detect cheating. And that's a judgement call based on the "few little tricks", but we wouldn't disqualify people just because they're living in the same house. It's usually very obvious when people are cheating.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote
#827919 wrote:
How do we know if our entries are going through though?
end up at Funi's page, your entry went through.

#827919 wrote:
I had made an ANN account after registering for the contest under the same email, will that be linked to the contest so that, when I am signed in, each time I click on an ad it will be counted?
Since you made your ANN account after registering, it won't be linked to the contest. So instead the scavenger hunt clicks will be linked to your contest entry based on a cookie that was set when you registered. And if you clear/lose the cookie, you will be asked for your email address.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:44 am Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
1-Anyone's yet to do any kind of unboxing for the premium edition, hence you can't really render judgment on its quality or practicality until someone gets their hands on it...

There you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHTqPyCDvyo&feature=youtu.be
Spoofer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
What kind of ads am I looking for here...? Are they simply banner ads and regular advertising, and I'm simply not seeing any of them due to bad luck and (quite-likely) user-based advertising that I'm seeing instead? I've been seeing the same Aniplex and Intuos ads all morning. Or should I actually be combing the site like a scavenger hunt to try to find hidden links? (unlikely, as the purpose is advertising...)

Edit: Finally found one after a few dozens clicks. Now do I just click on the same one a billion times and I get an extra 5 chances each time? (not that I intend to do so or even think this contest is worth it with the extra layer of advertising luck involved, but I'm just trying to understand the silly mechanics behind this contest before writing it off).
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Too bad I don't have a blu-ray player. Sad
Or does this have the DVD version included? Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4