• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2007 - Tokyopop

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Ah! Thank you guys so much for inquiring about Detective Loki. Makes me luv you guys all the more. Anime exclamation
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Stupid Amazon.com! I didn't hear about this previously but does anyone know why A.com leaked TP's upcoming releases?

FMP! novels! How cool is that! I'm looking forward to that.

And Viz wasn't the only major comany to snub AX for ComiCon, huh? I realize setting up booths can be expensive but it's sort of dumb to snub your fanbase at such a tremdous convention.
Paploo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:53 pm Reply with quote
" The Other Side of the Mirror by Taiwanese artist Jo Chen. "

Seeing Jo Chen's work published in Asia being brought over here is pretty neat. She worked a lot with Dreamwave in the early 2000's, and is best known in the US for her coverart on Marvel's Runaways, among other things. From what I remember, The Other Side of the Mirror was a work of hers originally published in Hong Kong.

http://jo-chen.com/main-data/jo.html Here's her site.

http://jo-chen.com/engpage/engpage.htm http://jo-chen.com/engpage/Published_books.htm Looks like The Other Side of the Mirror was published in Hong Kong and Korea previously. Great snag of asian comics work of a very popular US comics artist TP
Treetastic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Ah! Thank you guys so much for inquiring about Detective Loki. Makes me luv you guys all the more. Anime exclamation

I suppose squealing in delight might be overkill... but that doesn't mean I don't want to. Does this mean that they would, you know, start from the beginning? That would be pretty awesome, I was really hoping that someone would pick Detective Loki up. Smile

Paploo wrote:
Seeing Jo Chen's work published in Asia being brought over here is pretty neat. She worked a lot with Dreamwave in the early 2000's, and is best known in the US for her coverart on Marvel's Runaways, among other things. From what I remember, The Other Side of the Mirror was a work of hers originally published in Hong Kong.

Cover artist for Runaways? Those were great, really nice work IMHO. In that case, I'll probably check it out.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:30 am Reply with quote
Treetastic wrote:
I suppose squealing in delight might be overkill... but that doesn't mean I don't want to. Does this mean that they would, you know, start from the beginning? That would be pretty awesome, I was really hoping that someone would pick Detective Loki up. Smile

Eh, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. They've been saying this about Loki since they announced the Tactics license, and, well... unlike the Loki Ragnarok part of the manga, there's nothing to keep them from licensing the first Loki manga since no one here in America holds the rights. I think they're just watching how sales of Tactics go before they consider getting another manga by the same author.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Stupid Amazon.com! I didn't hear about this previously but does anyone know why A.com leaked TP's upcoming releases?

It wasn't so much Amazon leaking them (I guess that makes it sound unnecessarily sinister) as AnimeOnDVD's forum goons finding that they were already listed. This happens to Viz all the time, too.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Definitely looking forward to Welcome to the NHK novels. I never checked out Battle Royale so I might give these new omnibus a shot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
otakubaybay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Did they mean Your Eyes Only the Loveless artbook or is there really another artbook titled Your Eyes Only for Chobits???
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote
otakubaybay wrote:
Did they mean Your Eyes Only the Loveless artbook or is there really another artbook titled Your Eyes Only for Chobits???

It's the Chobits/CLAMP artbook they're talking about. Preorders are already being taken for it for this fall.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1