• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, January 12-18

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Well, I can say this I will definitely be purchasing P4GA when it's released in the states. After buying and watching P4A, I was very impressed with the adaptation. I wasn't aware of P4GA, until I did some research and finally watched an episode. I'm really impressed with the animation styles which (this is a A-1 we're talking about) while aren't as shiny as AIC's version it's quality in designs and animation are much stronger than it's predecessor. Plus, it's just an addition to the franchise introducing Mari's character. I was highly impressed with the animation from this installment. Being a fan of both P3 and P4, I can't pass this up.

Last edited by Chrno2 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:54 pm Reply with quote
With all the negativity Sailor Moon Crystal is getting, it's lucky to have reached the third slot. It doesn't help that the Blu-Ray version of the show contains a new set of animation issues in place of the ones that were present in its initial web version.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
With all the negativity Sailor Moon Crystal is getting, it's lucky to have reached the third slot. It doesn't help that the Blu-Ray version of the show contains a new set of animation issues in place of the ones that were present in its initial web version.

This has little to do with luck since it was s-l-o-w week, Persona 4 was the only big release and yet v4 of SMC seems like will not reach the 3k sales mark. With volume 4 all inner senshi have been introduced, so I would not be surprised if volume 5 sells even less (since from this point onwards it is all about Usagi and Mamoru). But if we are going to grasp at straws, SMC vol. 4 sold better than Momo Kyun Sword Part II which was just released and is also a magical girl show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1