• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Blazing Trials

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:41 pm Reply with quote
I do not understand why the N3DSXL comes with no AC adapter, they do realize kids get these from their parents (who may not know about handhelds) and if they open it and there is no plug, they can't play it for long.

As for games this month, I have The Legend of Legacy coming this week. I'm really excited to get back into the RPG spirit after the 2014 drought.
se37

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I was and still am, upset that the normal new 3DS will not come to North America. I've had a 3DS XL since last year and while it is nice, I felt it was just not for me (but it is the Pokemon one so yeah) so I was looking forward to the new Nintendo 3DS as it was a bit bigger than the original size and the changeable face plates was a solid win for me (I've tested out the normal size one as my sister has a Japanese one). So with that, I'm not going to buy the XL one, ever unless the normal size comes out. If not then I will just skip it until Nintendo comes out with their next hand held. Besides, the one game people want on it that is required, Xenoblade, I've already got on my Wii so there is no purpose of me getting one now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Video games as a medium have a problem with maintaining an assessable history due to hardware issues and shameless Recentism so the re-release of a classic like Grim Fandango is heart-warming.
OtakuKitten

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm sad to see Club Nintendo will go away but it was obvious that Nintendo didn't have much passion for it anymore. I am a little pissed off though that most of my downloaded content on the Wii U didn't show up in my club account. Meaning I'm missing a couple 100 coins or so . Did anyone else have that problem with their digital content?
Enner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:52 pm Reply with quote
On Xenoblade emptiness: I don't find myself with the feeling of emptiness or loneliness. Of if I do, it doesn't bother me. The premise of crash landing on an alien world and being a pioneer on it is a suitable replacement for the more lived-in world of Xenoblade's two giants. With the lack of character, it is somewhat unfair to judge the Xenoblade X trailers to the experience of playing through Xenoblade. From my memory of the trailers for the first Xenoblade, they showed little of the warm character moments and more of a JRPG protagonist screaming vengeance.

OtakuKitten wrote:
I am a little pissed off though that most of my downloaded content on the Wii U didn't show up in my club account. Meaning I'm missing a couple 100 coins or so . Did anyone else have that problem with their digital content?

If you linked your Club Nintendo account to your Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or 3DS, they should be showing up. I got my coins from eShop games without a hitch.

Hoppy800 wrote:
I do not understand why the N3DSXL comes with no AC adapter, they do realize kids get these from their parents (who may not know about handhelds) and if they open it and there is no plug, they can't play it for long.

Nintendo has a system for those kids and parents and it's called the Nintendo 2DS.

Yeah, the AC adapter thing is a cynical cost-saving and cash grab. It will suck for the retail associates that have to remind customers to have an AC adapter.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Japan hasn't had AC adapters bundled with thier units since the DSi. Inflation has just finally caught up to North America. If the adaptor was bundled with the unit it would cost the same as buying the unit plus the adaptor anyway.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Japan hasn't had AC adapters bundled with thier units since the DSi. Inflation has just finally caught up to North America. If the adaptor was bundled with the unit it would cost the same as buying the unit plus the adaptor anyway.

Now that I think about it I've been using a DSi LL cord for my Japanese 3DS all this time.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:

Yes, but has nothing to do with inflation. They just want the unit to have a lower price at first glance, and then when you do decide to buy it, you are stuck with the fait accompli at the register. Just like the airlines, charging for every little thing that used to be included. But unlike the airlines, it makes more sense to the consumer to have the dang power cord included. (Guess their version of Batteries not Included).
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Hm, nothing on today's article interests me. I wonder how Japan is enjoying Tales of Zestiria right now. Can't wait for that to come here! :)
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I find it very disheartening that Nintendo is going to sell their New 3DS without an AC Adapter. I thought that they wanted to expand their customer base with this new version of it but it seems that I was wrong about that...
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:51 pm Reply with quote
They sell them without the AC adapter, trade your's in without the adapter. I wouldn't be nice about it.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I find it very disheartening that Nintendo is going to sell their New 3DS without an AC Adapter. I thought that they wanted to expand their customer base with this new version of it but it seems that I was wrong about that...

I think you may be overselling how much of a detriment to the average person this is. I think AC adaptors cost about 10 bucks retail.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:34 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
They sell them without the AC adapter, trade your's in without the adapter. I wouldn't be nice about it.

Just for the record, I live in the U.S., where Nintendo sold their preceding DS consoles with the AC Adapter included. If I were to sell, say, my DSi without the charger, the value of it would drop significantly.

@Mr Adventure

Nintendo sold the Original 3DS at $200 with the AC Adapter included. The price of the New 3DS XL is the same as that of its predecessor. If I were to buy that adapter, I would be spending $10 more on a necessary hardware piece that cost Nintendo only under a dollar to make.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:07 am Reply with quote
Meh. I always used the cradle for my 3DS and 3DS XL. I'll be getting the new cradle for the New 3DS should Nintendo of America make it available from their online store. I'm a little sad that I won't be able to play and charge with the cradle at the same time, even if I never did it that often.

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Nintendo sold the Original 3DS at $200 with the AC Adapter included.

$250
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:54 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the link to Shmuplations, Todd. Interesting reading Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2