• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold Anime's Cast, Staff, Streaming Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:49 am Reply with quote
So [expletive] pumped for this. Is it going to be stream only? That worries me a little (cough cough Crystal cough), and I wonder if Kanon will get shafted for this, since he's not in the cast list (even though both he and Saga were voiced by Okiayu Ryotaro in the Hades Chapter) or the trailer.

I'm also interested in seeing if the original Bronze saints will show up, or if they'll try to merge it with Omega's storyline (I'd bet on the former, since the trailer seems to be aiming for the older nostalgia audience, rather than the newcomers Omega was going for)

I'm confused because the article says most Omega cast is returning, did you mean that most (if not all) of the Gold Saints from the Hades Chapter (and many of them from the original TV series) will be reprising their roles? Because none of the cast announced comes from Omega.
Sergorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:17 am Reply with quote
It's already been annouced a while back it's gonna be a TV Series so I assume it's not JUST gonna Stream online.

-Sergorn
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:20 am Reply with quote
I can't wait to find out what the *bleep* is going on.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:04 am Reply with quote
Sergorn wrote:
It's already been annouced a while back it's gonna be a TV Series so I assume it's not JUST gonna Stream online.

The staff had not actually announced that this anime will run on television.
Sergorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:56 am Reply with quote
DesignNote magazine ran an article on Soul of Gold in December, notably detailing the creation of the poster and the teaser (which was done by Masato Suzuki) and they listed it as a TV Series.

-Sergorn
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:38 am Reply with quote
Glad that the original seiyuu and the ones that played the characters in the Hades series (replacing the ones that passed away) are reprising their roles no re-casts or something stupid like the Inferno chapter and so.
Digimontamerfreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:04 am Reply with quote
I'm worried how it will go, omega started out great but then went to hell after they did the bronze vs gold again.
Sobe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:52 am Reply with quote
Huh? No Pegasus? I haven't followed this anime or the entire series/arcs very much but I thought Pegasus was in all of them.
Raneth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:05 am Reply with quote
Do we know which arc they're adapting? Is this a remake? I'm so confused.
SuiSeiKen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:52 am Reply with quote
We just know for sure that the story will follow the Inferno Chapter, after the Gold Saints' sacrifice to destroy the wall of wailing.

On japanese 2ch, some people talk about the Gold Saints fighting new ennemies who want to prevent Athena and the Bronze Saints from returning to Earth after Elysion collapsed. But just rumors.
Digimontamerfreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:02 am Reply with quote
Maybe we will finally learn who the strongest is, also I hope they expand on certain saints such as Capricorn as he was the most loyal according to legends and on Aphrodite and the cancer gold saint.
Blue21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:34 am Reply with quote
Digimontamerfreak wrote:
I'm worried how it will go, omega started out great but then went to hell after they did the bronze vs gold again.

It got good (IMO) after that arc ended though.

Sobe wrote:
Huh? No Pegasus? I haven't followed this anime or the entire series/arcs very much but I thought Pegasus was in all of them.

Well, this is apparently a story from the perspective of Leo Aeoria, Seiya may or may not be in it, but he won't be the protagonist this time around.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:02 am Reply with quote
At first I though the story would be about their past (something like the Episode G), but the teaser seems to mention they actually resurrect.

I'm particularly interested in this. I always liked more the series that focused on the Gold Saints, since they actually do know how to look strong. Bronze Saints win due to "Guts and Determination and Friendship" on main series/Omega, while Gold Saints are simply baddass on Episode G/Lost Canvas.
Also, Aioria seems to be using a Kamui version of the Leo Cloth, so I'm expecting a lot.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Digimontamerfreak wrote:

Imho, Omega started OK, then took a serious nosedive when Aria joined the group and became better after spoiler[she died]. The 12 Houses arc was certainly not as epic as the original, but it was pretty neat, and the Pallas arc -although it had its ups (return of the original Bronzes, those wonderful Shiryu-Ryuho moments) and downs (Subaru. Always Subaru. And that time Haruto decided to become a rockstar)- was actually well-rounded and very cool and exciting. And I liked what they did with the inter-season transition by making the Bronze saints reluctant to go back to war after the trauma of the battle against Mars. It's something the original never touched upon, but these kids are 13 years old and it was a very nice and realistic to show the fear and pain that the war had caused them.

Raneth wrote:
Do we know which arc they're adapting? Is this a remake? I'm so confused.

As far as we've been told, it will be completely original content, it doesn't seem it's based on any existing manga arc or spinoff
DarkLordDragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Whoa can't wait!!!!

I guess the animation will play a big role, lets hope they do animation on level of Lost Canvas and Attack on Titan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2