• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digimon Adventure tri. Anime's Website Source Lists 02's Daisuke/Davis

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Well DUH, this takes place after 02 and Daisuke didn't die in between. Makes sense he'd be involved. Hey, give us a plot twist: he's the bad guy. Yeah, he couldn't take TK stealing Hikari from him and uses the power of a left over Dark Ring to open the gate to the Dark Sea. There, he makes a deal with Deemon and Dagomon, and together, they will take over the world.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Well DUH, this takes place after 02 and Daisuke didn't die in between. Makes sense he'd be involved. Hey, give us a plot twist: he's the bad guy. Yeah, he couldn't take TK stealing Hikari from him and uses the power of a left over Dark Ring to open the gate to the Dark Sea. There, he makes a deal with Deemon and Dagomon, and together, they will take over the world.
And he wins.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Great! Hope they can bring in the other 02 characters, and I agree the Dark Ocean subplot needs to be resolved in this, if they have time for it I mean.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh, my God....I was hoping never to hear nor see Davis' name anywhere near Digimon Adventure tri.. In my opinion, he was the worst leader in the history of Digimon. He was bossy, overly confident, hated TK, always jonesing for Kari, seemingly trying to get between the two, name began with a "D".... The list goes on. TK should've been the true leader. Tai should've past down the goggles to him instead.

Last edited by Animechic420 on Fri May 08, 2015 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Yay?
KH91

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Oh Fucketh, for a number of reasons. So much for my Brave Tamer theory, which is not entirely dead yet.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I hope he's not a main character in tri. I really disliked 02 a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:
I hope he's not a main character in tri. I really disliked 02 a lot.

agreed
oborokazuma

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Well considering that until now, there wasnt a single Art with 02 references neither a single mention of 02,i mean usually this project is refered as "6 years after Digimon Adventure", the Fact that Tai has his Goggles and not Davis(who has it until he passes them to his Son)

That apparently the title "Reunion" make it sound as if they had never met after adventures ending, and the focus on Trolley, something that shouldnt be so meaningful if 02 happened.

I mean we dont even know if Tri its for "Three" its the logical conclusion,but perhaps is something plot related, a new type of evolution or something.

What i try to say is that if they are ignoring or 02 it was vague, or at least it was until now
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:21 pm Reply with quote
I've always assumed it's set in between 02 and the epilogue which everyone seems to hate. It's becoming a bit more apparent that, that might be the case. It will give the first two seasons their natural conclusion I suppose.
oborokazuma

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Even if i say it was kind of vague, i also assumed that it was after 02, yet i think they are going to ignore the Epilogue(or at least change it)
Takari007

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I hate the epilogue of 02 and Daisuke will only get in Takeru and Hikari's relationship again... well I hope he end up in another school
Paulo27

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Takari007 wrote:
I hate the epilogue of 02 and Daisuke will only get in Takeru and Hikari's relationship again... well I hope he end up in another school
Your ship! It was sunk a long time ago! Don't get yourself killed, just let it go, it's too late.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:
Takari007 wrote:
Your ship! It was sunk a long time ago! Don't get yourself killed, just let it go, it's too late.

I'm with Takari007 on this one.
icomeanon6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:46 pm Reply with quote
So wait, what does this actually mean? The name appears somewhere in the page source but nowhere actually visible on the page yet. Maybe it's just search engine optimization?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3