• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Festival Asia 2015

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omiya

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the detailed report!

One could probably add this Encyclopedia URL for Akino+Bless4: person#40545
ravager

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
How come Daisuki is promoting One-Punch Man to SEA when it's region-locked here? Correct me if I'm wrong but the show's Daisuki stream is limited to NA only.

Does that mean OPM on Daisuki will eventually be available to other regions?

Quote:
He concluded the panel by announcing that he would pen a regular column on Anime Festival Asia's AFA Channel website.

Such a shame. RIP Mr. Sakurai.
omiya

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:35 pm Reply with quote
ravager wrote:

Quote:
He concluded the panel by announcing that he would pen a regular column on Anime Festival Asia's AFA Channel website.

Such a shame. RIP Mr. Sakurai.

So sad, he was a friend to so many artists that I enjoy seeing and would have done better in that role than just about anyone else, especially with not being tied to a particular talent agency or record company.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:52 pm Reply with quote
I've really got to go to AFA at some point in my life. SMASH here in Australia has recently partnered up with I HEART Anisong so we did get a few good music guests this year. But for the most part convention guests here are either really popular English VAs and old washed up industry people that barely do anything these days. While I'm not likely to meet any English dub VAs there, I would love to meet seiyuu and industry people who are a bit more relevant.

I first found out about the event when I was trying to find anime related stuff in Singapore since me and my family were stopping there for a few days before we travelled to Vietnam. Unfortunately I couldn't attend on the count of the fact that the date we were travelling there was well over a month after the event.

In terms of where I want to go as an anime fan, my dream destinations are Anime Expo in LA and of course Japan. But I've since found out that flights to Singapore are dirt cheap (Certainly a great deal cheaper than travelling to Japan or the US). Would have gone there this year had I known that fact (And the fact that Ayana Taketatsu would be attending). But who knows? I might be able to go next year if I'm able to save up enough money.
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
I've really got to go to AFA at some point in my life. SMASH here in Australia has recently partnered up with I HEART Anisong so we did get a few good music guests this year.
I would love to meet seiyuu and industry people who are a bit more relevant.
In terms of where I want to go as an anime fan, my dream destinations are Anime Expo in LA and of course Japan.

I travelled to SMASH in 2011 to see Eminence and hear Kenji Ito's talk and would love it if AVCon could get Japanese anime singers/musicians/composers along some year.

Japan turned out to be amazing, and I've visited there 10 times, seen about 28 concerts featuring music of anime, plus CD launch mini-lives, classical concerts, a doujin CD fair http://www.m3net.jp/, general sight-seeing and met a few anime singers/composers and other fans. One does need a contact in Japan who can help with fan club memberships and concert ticket bidding to get to many of the live events though.

PS, Takamasa Sakurai's last report for the Yomiuri Shimbun / Japan News, mentioning AFA and ZAQ, plus a few quotes from his previous articles:

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0002620661
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1