• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Comics Licenses The Prince in His Dark Days, Cells at Work! Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OingoBoingo96

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Cells at Work sounds quite interesting. Definitely going to check that one out.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I understand the first one trading places to live different lives then comes more drama but the second one i have no clue what its about that summary confused me.
Octorockandroll

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Kodansha is licensing lots of new stuff, and all of their stuff I've read so far has been excellent. Im gonna have to figure out which one of these to buy. Unless I buy all of them of course Anime smile
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Lol, is this like, a manga Ozzie and Drix kind of sort of? Also, I probably just made a bunch of people feel old by mentioning that show. But I'm totally all for Cells at Work manga.
Righteousrye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:46 pm Reply with quote
When I went to Japan , I bought the first volume of Cells Work. , manga and it pretty much is Ozzi and Drix , but be in mind White Blood Cells are scary . Practically and bodily cell you can think of is here , also the deigns are very creative . It's action packed and I can wait to buy a translated version of it Mad
Ampharos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:47 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Lol, is this like, a manga Ozzie and Drix kind of sort of? Also, I probably just made a bunch of people feel old by mentioning that show. But I'm totally all for Cells at Work manga.

Haha, I was just gonna bring up Osmosis Jones. I'm definitely getting similar vibes here and I'm totally on board with that.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Couldn't they have license rescued Moyashimon instead?
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Cells at Work sounds neat. I once read a biology book where a cartoonist depicted white blood cells as a group of knights fighting goblins as germs. I'm hoping Cells at Work has some stuff like that.

Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Couldn't they have license rescued Moyashimon instead?

Good idea, I hope Kodansha USA is listening.
lys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:08 pm Reply with quote
re: Moyasimon, my guess is they are giving the science/germ-genre another try with a new author and new series (more likely to be supported by bookstores than a series that underperformed in the past), and see how sales of that go before they venture a rescue.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:35 am Reply with quote
Both of these sound interesting. Cells at Work really does leave a bit to the imagination, and I think it may be something I check out at a later date.

I'm more interested in The Prince in His Dark Days. I'm wondering where it will go, and if there is much interaction between our MC and the guy she's replacing. I've not read many manga that involves cross dressing (well, the only one I've read is So Cute It Hurts), and I'm expecting this one to be more of a drama. Plus, it being 4 volumes long doesn't hurt it in my eyes. I'm a bit more inclined to take a chance on a series when the end is in sight.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:07 am Reply with quote
Well,well. Seems like they crossed "Ozzy and Drix" with "Moyashimon" in "Cells at Work." Heck,I wouldn't be surprised to see a Colin Hay lookalike white blood cell singing "Land Down Under" while fixing up a scratch. What do you guys think?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1