• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Hero Academia Listed With 13 Episodes by French Streaming Site

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:31 am Reply with quote
Only 13 episodes? I was expecting a 2-cour tbh. Maybe we'll get another season announcement later this year...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
-Ana-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:32 am Reply with quote
But doesn't the time slot where BokuHero airs usually have two-cour shows?
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:35 am Reply with quote
*sigh* I was also hoping / expecting for it to be a 2-cour show, hopefully it'll be a split-2-cour with another 13 episodes airing sometime later this year.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
Sounds about right there wasn't that much of the source material to adapt from in the first place though I'm sure that there will be a second season just as soon as more of the manga is released. Wink
Catsplay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:45 am Reply with quote
Damn...I wasn't expecting another long running series but for a series touted as the "Naruto" successor, 13 episodes for the first season isn't much at all and isn't the greatest sign though.

There's plenty material to do a 24-26 episode season, but it seems Bones is going the Noragami route of adapting this series. It's a long running manga series in the same style as a lot of the great Shonen Jump series, but not getting a long running anime and only a 13 episode first season is going to hurt it.
Muffum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
I can only hope this means split-cour series. I was under the assumption it'd be 2-cour this whole time, since that way they could get to pretty much the perfect stopping point. But the first major arc isn't really enough to fill out a whole cour, and the second major arc would take a lot of trimming to fit in a cour.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:03 am Reply with quote
Bones hasn't done a two-cour show in two years, I don't know why anyone is surprised. I think it's more likely it's gonna be a split-cour like ConRevo, Chaika or Shirayuki. There isn't that much manga material anyway, doing a split-cour would give the manga some room to breathe in case the anime is very successful so we don't have an Attack on Titan situation in which the studio has to wait a really long time to gather enough material for a new season
zero-r

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:47 am Reply with quote
There is easily enough material (+80 chapters and counting) for a continuous 24-26 episodes series without any problems.... c’mon.

A weekly battle shounen series getting 1 cour of 13 episodes is plain ridiculous.... If they end up splitting it into 2 cours of 13 episodes each, that will be somewhat better, but still ridiculous at the same time.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:59 am Reply with quote
^A lot depends on the pacing, but for reference, the first season of Haikyuu (25 eps) covered 8 volumes of the manga. HeroAca currently has 7 volumes, so if they did a two-cour they'd literally use up all of the manga material and they'd have to wait at least two more years before they had enough for a second season (assuming it's successful enough).

I'm not reading that manga -I'll watch the anime and if it's good I'll pick the manga up- but i honestly think that they rushed too much to get this anime out. They should've pushed it all the way to Fall season at the earliest so they wouldn't be suffocating their source material. Since this is likely gonna be a long-running series, it would've been better to wait until they had a lot more manga to work with so they could do two cours a year like KuroBas or AssClass

I'm worrying this will end like AoEx, they rushed in when they didn't have enough material -the Kyoto arc was still on-going- and had to completely make up the second cour out of scratch. It wasn't a bad anime-original ending, but they botched up the canon so hard it's neigh impossible to ever get a second season without retconning the first one
thunderkingnue29

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote

Last edited by thunderkingnue29 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Nick Falcunaya

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:23 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Only 13 episodes? I was expecting a 2-cour tbh. Maybe we'll get another season announcement later this year...

The anime will have 24 episodes in total.. Source? I have friend who is working on Crunchyroll. He said. that it will have 24 episodes. He also said that Amazon Prime supposed to stream the title. but lost to Funi because the production wants someone who can do home video release.
Shinuki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:15 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
^A lot depends on the pacing, but for reference, the first season of Haikyuu (25 eps) covered 8 volumes of the manga. HeroAca currently has 7 volumes, so if they did a two-cour they'd literally use up all of the manga material and they'd have to wait at least two more years before they had enough for a second season (assuming it's successful enough).

I'm not reading that manga -I'll watch the anime and if it's good I'll pick the manga up- but i honestly think that they rushed too much to get this anime out. They should've pushed it all the way to Fall season at the earliest so they wouldn't be suffocating their source material. Since this is likely gonna be a long-running series, it would've been better to wait until they had a lot more manga to work with so they could do two cours a year like KuroBas or AssClass

I'm worrying this will end like AoEx, they rushed in when they didn't have enough material -the Kyoto arc was still on-going- and had to completely make up the second cour out of scratch. It wasn't a bad anime-original ending, but they botched up the canon so hard it's neigh impossible to ever get a second season without retconning the first one

You're doing bad comparisons, anime adaptations of sports mangas will obviously eat a lot of chapters, a big portion of the content of sports mangas are matches that has very fast pace and little "content" per chapters. Which doesn't happen with mangas like Boku no Hero Academia.

Also, Boku no Hero is a weekly manga, Ao no Exorcist is a monthly manga that get a anime when the manga didn't had much chapters, this is why the filler end happened, different situations.

Like the user said above, Boku no Hero has more than enough content to make 24 episodes and come back in 2017
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:29 am Reply with quote
zero-r wrote:
There is easily enough material (+80 chapters and counting) for a continuous 24-26 episodes series without any problems.... c’mon.

A weekly battle shounen series getting 1 cour of 13 episodes is plain ridiculous.... If they end up splitting it into 2 cours of 13 episodes each, that will be somewhat better, but still ridiculous at the same time.

The problem here is that when Bones took on the job, it was not 80+ chapters.
They start production on this stuff waaaay in advance.

Personally I don't mind 13 episodes. I've seen enough Weekly Shounen Jump series' anime adaptations get "long running" seasons that are shite.
A 13-episode season is one that I can be a lot more confident in, and will probably be directed better than it otherwise would.
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:37 am Reply with quote
If it's a split 2-cour season then I'm completely down with that. However if it's a standalone 1 cour season then I'll be pretty disappointed. I was expecting a regular 2 cour season but I always knew this could be a possibility, with the studio being Bones.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:40 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

I always thought the anime (and game - I'll be playing it in May) were too early. A single cour series makes sense and gives them room to make another one starting this year potentially.

Like CrowLia said, a split cour structure is possible much like Chaika and perhaps an anime only ending not that them redoing a show (see Fullmetal Alchemist + Brotherhood) is out there.

It would have been better if they started adapting the series just a little later like Assassination Classroom which was a year older (still young) when the first 26 ep season came out and apparently the second will finish the 20 volume (roughly) manga.

However that is only measuring the odds of getting longer seasons or a long runner in general. The direction and quality might be tighter thanks to this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2