• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kimagure Orange Road Kickstarter Reveals New Reward Tier, Add-Ons

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:14 am Reply with quote
Bit over 4k until they're halfway to the total that matters to me. Laughing
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Erm, is this just for a "digital manga " release? I mean it's good to see some interest in bringing up KOR back in peoples conscience again, but to me digital manga isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Wink
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
No this is for hardcopy. If every thing is funded it will consist of the entire series in six omnibus volumes. They have a bit larger trim size which should make them easier to read in omnibus form. So far they have funded the first volume and are close to the second.

They previously did a digital copy which is already available.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:39 am Reply with quote
Oh! Cheers for that. The article doesn't seem to make that very clear. Hope they make it as I'll be buying the complete set when fully published, If I live that long. Laughing
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Hope they make it as I'll be buying the complete set when fully published, If I live that long. Laughing

Wouldn't wait around. Pretty sure that they've made mention of there being a very small amount of extra copies, which could still get eaten up by the KS if something were to go wrong. Seems like they're going to have a number that will be very close to what they'd need to fulfill KS obligations, and maybe they'll have some left over to sell on their website.
Quote:
The print copies will be printed, enough just to fill Backer pledges, and possibly 1-2% extra over run to cover lost orders, damages, and any other unexpected need for replacement copies, etc.
Any excess inventory will eventually be sold at our online retail, akadot.com, but at a much later date...and probably no where else...so it may be a gamble to wait, as chances are you may be able to get some of the volumes, or none at all...

Which is why I'm keeping an eye on their KS campaign, as I'll jump on it if they're about to hit the $119k target to print the whole series.

Though, they have said that, if they don't fund the whole series now, there's a chance they will do another KS. Thing is, they said this:
Quote:
If there is enough demand for it in the following months, considerations will be made for future campaigns to finish the series.

And, personally, I have no idea how they'd gauge demand if there's no product out there...? Though, I am unsure about the digital side of things, and maybe they'll release the whole series digitally regardless of the total funding they get?
jayntampa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Just FYI, they opened it up to all volumes today -- so, you can finally just pledge for the whole thing! Smile
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
This is starting to smell like last weeks fish dinner.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1