• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Starmyu TV Anime Series Gets 2nd Season in Spring 2017

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:03 am Reply with quote
This news doesn't surprise me much. The first season had decent amount of fans and there's more OVAs coming as well. A year of waiting before it comes out huh?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zeref_Gray

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:05 am Reply with quote
The story and music is great not surprised about it
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:30 am Reply with quote
This show was very stupid, but also really fun, it had really grown on me by the end. I actually thought it'd flop in sales because it has a relatively forgettable style and the character designs aren't really noteworthy, so I'm glad it did well and I'm really happy about it getting a second season
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:31 am Reply with quote
Shizzle like this will never cease to amaze me so many awesome anime out there that need/deserve 2nd season and then ya got such garbage and gets a new sequel just ehhh no comment....
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:49 am Reply with quote
This time they are aiming for the Nationals. Calling it now.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:02 am Reply with quote
I never finished S1, but I'm always happy when all male cast shows succeed and do well enough to warrant second seasons. Maybe I'll finish it one day.

BlackPoint. wrote:
Shizzle like this will never cease to amaze me so many awesome anime out there that need/deserve 2nd season and then ya got such garbage and gets a new sequel just ehhh no comment....

You can't really complain about "garbage" getting second seasons when you enjoy drivel like Asterisk War. If your cheap fanservice shows can get second seasons then so can shows aimed at women.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:34 am Reply with quote
First Boueibu season 2 and now this. Thank you anime gods. All is right with the world.

@BlackPoint
Hey, that's a bit rude. One person's garbage is another person's treasure you know? Just because YOU don't like something, don't put it down like that.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:11 am Reply with quote
How did this crap get anther season the MC was so annoying
+ 光

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote
blackpoint. wrote:
Shizzle like this will never cease to amaze me so many awesome anime out there that need/deserve 2nd season and then ya got such garbage and gets a new sequel just ehhh no comment..

firedragon54738 wrote:

Well, this 'crap' sold well enough to get a season 2. I suppose that's just the kind of supportive fanbase this show has: a fanbase willing to spend money on the show. Other shows which may seem more 'worthy' or 'in need' of a second season may not have the fanbase to back it up (among other reasons too, I don't know what). That's sad, but don't take that out on shows which have earned it.

Anime has largely been focussed around the male otaku until recent years. Now it's nice that there are shows like this that's absolutely through and through made for a (not all) female audience. And Starmyu's success really does not come as a surprise - just look at Uta no Prince-sama (4th season coming this fall). Now quantity does not mean quality, true, but what's wrong with a little bit more pure rainbow-and-unicorn sweet escapism that's meant to entertain?
hack5

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Pumps fist in air HELL YEAH i was waiting for this news,im so happy right now i love this show.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
+ 光 wrote:
blackpoint. wrote:
Shizzle like this will never cease to amaze me so many awesome anime out there that need/deserve 2nd season and then ya got such garbage and gets a new sequel just ehhh no comment..

firedragon54738 wrote:

Well, this 'crap' sold well enough to get a season 2. I suppose that's just the kind of supportive fanbase this show has: a fanbase willing to spend money on the show. Other shows which may seem more 'worthy' or 'in need' of a second season may not have the fanbase to back it up (among other reasons too, I don't know what). That's sad, but don't take that out on shows which have earned it.

Anime has largely been focussed around the male otaku until recent years. Now it's nice that there are shows like this that's absolutely through and through made for a (not all) female audience. And Starmyu's success really does not come as a surprise - just look at Uta no Prince-sama (4th season coming this fall). Now quantity does not mean quality, true, but what's wrong with a little bit more pure rainbow-and-unicorn sweet escapism that's meant to entertain?

Preach it.
azhanei

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Glad it's getting a 2nd season. i felt it was on the cusp. It's sweet but did try for little depth along the way. It was the perfect balance to some of the darker shows out last year.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:08 am Reply with quote
While some people are irritated over shows they have no interest in being made, and others go so far as to deny their right to exist, I welcome it to an extent. After all, I have problems keeping up with the number of shows I have a potential interest in.

Even if a show were 100% trash in my opinion, but sells well, I still see it of value, as it helps keep the publisher going. Next season they could very well produce a show I'm interested in that doesn't fare well.

It also helps that I'm not arrogant enough to believe that the Japanese anime industry should cater only to my tastes or that anyone that likes something different is wrong.

BlackPoint. wrote:

Didn't you just make a comment? Very Happy
DillMan

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
They better address Nayuki x Hositani. I swear if they don't even mention it ....

Anyway, glad to see more. This was a fun show.
Peebs

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:31 pm Reply with quote
I had hoped there'd be a second season. I'm so glad it's getting made, despite what the crying man-babies say.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2