• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Kizumonogatari Film's Trailer Reveals Additional Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurohei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:04 am Reply with quote
So much for Araragi saying they'll never get an anime adaptation.

I've been reading the Kizumonogatari novel, and it's pretty good so I'll defiantly want to check out these movies. The animation style looks pretty... Interesting. The characters don't look like they belong with the background art... But that's just me being an art critic again.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:09 am Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
The characters don't look like they belong with the background art... But that's just me being an art critic again.

I notice the same thing with a lot of modern anime. They use so much CG nowadays that traditional hand-drawn characters look like they could be projected in front a green screen.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:10 am Reply with quote
The part where the man is working in the corridor behind the classroom, is like a cutscene out of a Vanillaware game. Even down to the way he moves.
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:23 am Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
Kurohei wrote:
The characters don't look like they belong with the background art... But that's just me being an art critic again.

I notice the same thing with a lot of modern anime. They use so much CG nowadays that traditional hand-drawn characters look like they could be projected in front a green screen.

In this movie they actually have used even some real life backgrounds. So basically we had a real filmed background with the character added in. In the first movie atleast. Just Shaft being Shaft.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:54 am Reply with quote
I think that the first link in the page is broken (somehow it redirects me to Google Search).
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:00 am Reply with quote
I was amused to see Shinobu stealing some of vampire princess Mina Tepes' ballet moves from another Shaft production, Dance in the Vampire Bund.

The first movie was excellent (based on a single viewing --- many things are vastly improved when viewed with an enthusiastic theater audience), I'm looking forward to more.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:14 am Reply with quote
Does anybody know when we are going to get the CD or Blu-Ray for this?
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:57 am Reply with quote
This looks great. I hope when they screen it in the US they do some kind of double feature with part 1 because I totally missed out on seeing it last time :\
Dr.N0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:38 am Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
This looks great. I hope when they screen it in the US they do some kind of double feature with part 1 because I totally missed out on seeing it last time :\

I second that. As for myself, I like this blending of ultrarealistic art with 2D animation. Go crazy, Shaft!
chito895

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:56 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
Does anybody know when we are going to get the CD or Blu-Ray for this?

IIRC, the Japanase BD/DVDs are being released on July 27th

This PV looks bloody amazing. While reading the book, I waa trying to figure out how much content would be adapted in each movie, and I nailed it. The 3rd movie ahoukd have some very Monogatari moments and some great banter between the cast. Hopefully, AoA won't charge my legs and arms for these movies
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote
Dr.N0 wrote:
bahamut623 wrote:

I second that. As for myself, I like this blending of ultrarealistic art with 2D animation. Go crazy, Shaft!

I also liked the aesthetic of the first movie, it made the entire thing very surreal, like a dream-state kind of from the first scene on.
The TV series has lots of abstract settings but the characters match in with them, so it seems like a cohesive "place", but the movie is more like a fever dream.

Which, I think, is appropriate to the story (although I'll withhold judgement until parts 2 and 3 are out). I wouldn't be surprised if Shaft radically changes the aesthetics at the very end or something.
captain_amo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:19 am Reply with quote
For ANN staff
I am aware that 熱血 means passion but isn't it supposed to be translated as "Hot-blooded" here? Everyone's using it everywhere…
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1