• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - The Laughing Woman

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:15 am Reply with quote
Um, where exactly can I buy Godannar for only 30 bucks?
Sweetmusic_01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:17 am Reply with quote
Sandstar wrote:

I believe that was a mistype.

The cheapest I've found was at dvdempire.com for $50.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
championferret

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:59 am Reply with quote
For the Shelf-Respect guy...
I spy ero-games! Naughty naughty!
trandraskell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:27 am Reply with quote
I got my Godannar when adv is running their sale on rightstuf.com I got mine for $27 with the discount that I had at the time, but I will say that I love the Third and Pumpkin Scissors. I guess that I am a sucker for Strong Woman Characters. But even though I like Godannar it was at time forgettable. But at the price I got it at cannot beat the cost.
Uthred

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:36 am Reply with quote
Odd, I thought Godannar was among the better of the newer super robot shows as it encompasses and enlivens so many tired genre tropes. Still its all opinion in the end.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...but unless you haven't seen [DBZ] and you don't already own it (and want to), then there's nothing very new here.
But it's the brand-new WIDESCREEN version, allowing us to see this old created-in-fullscreen series the way it was meant to be seen! Rolling Eyes

Idk, I've been on the fence for Godannar for awhile...I saw an episode or two awhile back, and wasn't that impressed. Yet I've heard it's an overall good series, despite the rather silly concept.
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:14 am Reply with quote
Where did Mr. Shelf Obsessed get his little acrylic display boxes like the ones in the first and third pics? I have, like, a bajillion and one gashapon, but they all get so disgustingly dusty... I require these boxes!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sandstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:15 am Reply with quote
Sweetmusic_01 wrote:
Sandstar wrote:

I believe that was a mistype.

The cheapest I've found was at dvdempire.com for $50.

Too bad. I would've bought it for 30 bucks.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quote
I would have bought it was $30 myself.

When I was 12 I think I had some of the Sailor Moon tapes. I wish I could get some good shelves to put it all together. Maybe i'll ask for some at Christmas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kyokat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:41 am Reply with quote
I usually don't comment on reviews, but those were pretty funny. Laughing Yet also, informative! Who says the mediocre stuff is the hardest to review?
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Sandstar wrote:

Oops, that's totally my bad. I was looking at a sale price when I wrote that. I can't find that price point anymore, though, and I don't remember where I saw it. ^^;;
Yuukichan's Papa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
According to the packaging, it has “over 750 minutes of UNCUT” Dragonball Z SEASON THREE “ACTION!” “Digitally remastered!” WOAH! It contains “33 EXPLOSIVE EPISODES on 6 DISCS!”

But is its power level at OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND?!?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Heretic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Laughing I see Detolf glass cabinets from Ikea. I use the same cabinets to display my figures and Gundam models.

I can't fit the MG Strike Freedom SP or Hi-Nu in them though.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I am one who personally loves the new DBZ boxsets. A big change that people seem to be looking over is the fact that we FINALLY get the Japanese music track with the English dub. In my opinion this is a godsend for DBZ fans. If anyone ever wants a prime example of how music can make or break any form of visual entertainment, compare the two music tracks. The US music (I understand why it was done, but still) was full of awful unorganized synth that made sure to tell you how to feel. In my opinion the Japanese music even enhances the performances of the dub cast who for years I did not like but have since grown on me (thanks in part to the re-dub). On that note the re-dub even gives the hardcore fans the moderate cursing they've always wished for. As a side note this will also be the first time the entire series can be collected on DVD. As a fan it's a joy to re-experience the whole show again from the begining.

I've also been wanting to get Godannar. I saw the first 4 episodes and I enjoyed it (but I'm also a mecha fan). I will admit though it did take a while for the concept to grow on me, but I like the idea of the two pilots being married. Maybe I should grab that set this weekend. No offense SakechanBD, but it sounds like you just aren't a big mecha fan.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
No offense SakechanBD, but it sounds like you just aren't a big mecha fan.

Too bad. I'm actually a big Gundam fan, and Eva is one of my favorite series. There's others that I enjoy watching, too. I'm just not a big fan of mediocre mecha shows. ; )
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2