• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hybrid × Heart Magic Academy Ataraxia Gets Bonus Anime on Blu-ray/DVD, Preview Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeAngel327

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Let's be honest this series is trash. And let's be real any anime series like this should just be hentais. What the point of these generic ecchi fanservices obsessed animes anyways? There 1000s of others that are just like. Not to mention the number of hentais that do the exact same thing this series does,but better, and less insulting to your intelligence. There is no story, no real plot and no real character development. Period.

It's pointless because no one's gonna remember it in less than 4 months. If that. Removed portion of post implying things about the fans. --willag

Id have more respect for the creator of the series it this was a hentai series at least then it wouldn't be insulting to your intelligence. Borderline hentai is BS. Just sayin.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:08 pm Reply with quote
I believe hentai is a very niche market and they don't sell very well which is why they tend to have low animation quality (or so I have heard). They can air this stuff on TV and that will get them more visibility. It's really like they're trying to make it as close to hentai as possible without actually crossing that line.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:24 pm Reply with quote
An anime that will be forgotten quickly just too much focus on the borderline hentai stuff, the animation at times looks really bad and the story is so so sort of interesting i guess but nothin special either. Really wanna see the sales of this anime once the bd-dvd are out because if this sales more then lots of better anime then ugh jpn just what the heck is going on with ya xD
LightningShadow55

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:41 pm Reply with quote
This anime has been pretty amazing so fare its seems to get better each week and has been a real stand out of the summer anime season lets hope a second season gets announced soon. There's still a lot of material left from the manga and light novels for them to cover in the 4 episodes they have left. It would be nice if Hundred gets a second season to.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Kinda expected but more than welcome, unfortunately cannot afford the BDs this time (Macross Delta and Keijo curse you!).

AnimeAngel327 wrote:
Let's be honest this series is trash. And let's be real any anime series like this should just be hentais. What the point of these generic ecchi fanservices obsessed animes anyways? There 1000s of others that are just like. Not to mention the number of hentais that do the exact same thing this series does,but better, and less insulting to your intelligence. There is no story, no real plot and no real character development. Period.

The last line tells me all I need to know, you haven't watched or read this series. I know you're exaggerating (on everything you spout out) to hate just that bit more but why? Just because it isn't a hentai? Because you have a problem with something others may like but you don't?

Also 1000s like these? Nope, unless you can provide the names of these. Yes there are a fair few with heavy amounts of fan service but on this level? Far, far fewer.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Dicks out for Harambe!

In all seriousness, here's a good video on said problems with this show.

https://youtu.be/EwbAajCR3v0
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I think the series is kind of bad personally, and I'm usually all for cheesey T&A fan service with minor action series. I ranked this as kind of bad not because it is super fan service heavy, but because even as a fan service series it isn't very well done. It pales in comparison to DxD, Shinmai, Hagure, and others.

For starters, the animation is horrible. A lot of still shots look great, but when things move, it falls apart. That isn't just for the battles which do indeed look like crap. I've been watching the uncensored version, and some of the 'grabbing' doesn't look like anything is being grabbed at all.

The pacing is pretty awful too. I haven't read the source, and maybe there is a decent plot in there... If there is, the anime is doing a horrible job with it. The series comes off almost as a monster of the week kind of thing where they rotate through the girls to defeat it. Now sometimes it takes 2 weeks because they have to fight, run away, power up, fight again and win.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
HxH is okay for what it is and sure the animation looks horrendous in some scenes but it's still enjoyable from a "I'm only watching this for the fanservice" stand point. Smile
msvitch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:23 am Reply with quote
AnimeAngel327 wrote:

It's pointless because no one's gonna remember it in less than 4 months. If that. Removed portion of post implying things about the fans. --willag

Id have more respect for the creator of the series it this was a hentai series at least then it wouldn't be insulting to your intelligence. Borderline hentai is BS. Just sayin.

really? i wonder which episode you're on now to come to conclusion that this show doesnt have a story.

from what i can see is that you're hating on borderline hentai shows in general
BlowBert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:18 am Reply with quote
This is an anime u watch for the boobs. Thats it. U guys take this stuff way too seriously.
Dago314

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:22 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAngel327 wrote:

I'm gonna crush and shatter the blatant slander you've just spewed out so nonchalantly. I'm disgusted by your dishonesty.

https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=225062
Dago314

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm amused at the slander some Ecchi haters spew out of their bottoms. A 5yr old can intelligently crush and demolish most statements against this series so effortlessly that makes you question the intelligence of the haters. Anyone who is watching this series know that this anime has some of the best character development on any ecchi ever. I say this as someone who has seen virtually every existent ecchi to date.

The weave, the science and the output of character development through ecchi is amazing. for the people that haven't seen this series, Don't take haters word for it. They just make generalized statements the way monkeys throw excrement at things hoping something sticks. Watch the anime and evaluate and you'll soon find the hidden jewel this anime truly is.

This is a accurate review and I've seen the anime and read the light novels
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=225062
Dago314

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:34 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
I think the series is kind of bad personally, and I'm usually all for cheesey T&A fan service with minor action series. I ranked this as kind of bad not because it is super fan service heavy, but because even as a fan service series it isn't very well done. It pales in comparison to DxD, Shinmai, Hagure, and others.

For starters, the animation is horrible. A lot of still shots look great, but when things move, it falls apart. That isn't just for the battles which do indeed look like crap. I've been watching the uncensored version, and some of the 'grabbing' doesn't look like anything is being grabbed at all.

The pacing is pretty awful too. I haven't read the source, and maybe there is a decent plot in there... If there is, the anime is doing a horrible job with it. The series comes off almost as a monster of the week kind of thing where they rotate through the girls to defeat it. Now sometimes it takes 2 weeks because they have to fight, run away, power up, fight again and win.

Stop blatantly lying. The series had some fallouts in some occasions but the animation and art consistency it's top tier. I'm a meticulous person following and paying attention to this anime and I've read the source. I'm a DxD fan and Objectively speaking Masou Gakuen HxH is leagues superior. HxH found a way to weave a link between lewd actions and character development. The way girls are attracted to the MC is marvelous and isn't liked for being nice. Everything is so nicely put that people objectively hate ecchi for being Ecchi.

I call you out on your slander and if we debated I can put together an analytical piece so well put together backed up with citations of the anime and source alike as well as to compare them to any other ecchi series. I'm 100% sure that I can crush you in a debate.
Dago314

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:46 pm Reply with quote
EighteenSky wrote:
Kinda expected but more than welcome, unfortunately cannot afford the BDs this time (Macross Delta and Keijo curse you!).

AnimeAngel327 wrote:

The last line tells me all I need to know, you haven't watched or read this series. I know you're exaggerating (on everything you spout out) to hate just that bit more but why? Just because it isn't a hentai? Because you have a problem with something others may like but you don't?

Also 1000s like these? Nope, unless you can provide the names of these. Yes there are a fair few with heavy amounts of fan service but on this level? Far, far fewer.

I think the Ecchi community has to come together and deal with these dishonest and pitiful people. the amount of lies, deception and plain blatant un-based slander is beyond outstanding. Like I've previously said, they're like turd flinging monkeys. instead of excrement they throw generalized statements hoping something stick then people see these statements and run their mouth with it everywhere.

if there was a way to grab these people and shove them on a room where the world was watching. an individual with an average IQ could tear them apart and embarrass them so much to the point of insanity. these people aren't very intelligent nor do they seem to have any intuition. They're marxist elitist with intellectual aspirations whom like a dictator hate when other crowds other than the crowd they frequent are pandered to. God forbid people have taste on different genres and love something because they want to command people what to watch, how to watch it, how to think.

People like these are what makes me wish Japan pulled all of their goods out of the west. If these individuals can't understand that anime is for everyone and panders to everyone, Then it is JUST for absolutely NO ONE to get anything at all. Either they learn that the world doesn't spin around them or no one gets anything at all.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Dago314 wrote:
Stop blatantly lying. The series had some fallouts in some occasions but the animation and art consistency it's top tier. I'm a meticulous person following and paying attention to this anime and I've read the source. I'm a DxD fan and Objectively speaking Masou Gakuen HxH is leagues superior. HxH found a way to weave a link between lewd actions and character development. The way girls are attracted to the MC is marvelous and isn't liked for being nice. Everything is so nicely put that people objectively hate ecchi for being Ecchi.

Stop letting your love for the LN cloud your judgement about the anime. The series looks like crap in motion even if it does look really good for still shots, and they clearly cut out way too much of the story to fit in all the echi. The HxH LNs might be leagues superior, but the anime definitely isn't.

Dago314 wrote:
I call you out on your slander and if we debated I can put together an analytical piece so well put together backed up with citations of the anime and source alike as well as to compare them to any other ecchi series. I'm 100% sure that I can crush you in a debate.

Considering that (1) your masterpiece reference reads as if it was written by someone in junior high and (2) you needed to make 4 separate posts to quote 4 different people , I really doubt that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2