• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Chaos Dragon Anime's English Dub Cast

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:03 am Reply with quote
Ah! Chaos Dragon. Great opening and ending songs, but the same can't be said for the show itself.

So Funi gets this before Fafner Exodus. Rolling Eyes
Videogamep

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:31 am Reply with quote
I'm amazed this is even getting a dub. Everything I've heard has been that it's awful and I didn't think there was any interest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:53 am Reply with quote
Hey zrnzle500, can you believe this? Apparently Funi thinks Chaos Dragon has enough fan interest to warrant a dub. And just when we (I really) were talking about the worst of this season versus last year. Can a reboot be far behind... Cool
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:05 am Reply with quote
Wow, once again this makes me question what the people at licensing are smoking. Did someone seriously think they can turn profit on this turd, or did they just get it for peanuts? Maybe the strategy over at marketing is to sell to people who don't know any better.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:13 am Reply with quote
Funimation..... you guys aren't watching the wheel. This show is a bomb we are all warning you.

They must be in auto pilot atm. They must have gotten a good deal or the rep from Gen Urobuchi was enough for them. Scary.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:19 am Reply with quote
The mind reels I liked Chaos Dragon well enough when it was subbed and streaming but really this gets a Dub? Okay hope they break even on it at least
Luke's JRPG Channel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:16 am Reply with quote
This is a great anime, I enjoyed watching it.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
There are plenty better anime that deserve dub befor this one though personnaly i dont care because sub>dub
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:44 am Reply with quote
Those folks at Funi clearly misinterpreted what people meant when they called things like Big Order or Taboo Tattoo the "Chaos Dragon of the season" Laughing I seriously can't think of many shows that are such fool-proof guaranteed financial failures.
NPC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:22 am Reply with quote
Maybe they don't care what people say and look at streaming numbers. It's their money anyway.
+ 光

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:07 am Reply with quote
Funimation must be masochists. That is the only explanation. (It also explains why they are going through with the Endride simuldub).
TheCrimsonClaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:15 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised this is getting a dub of all things considering I've heard nothing but bad things about this series.

On that note: Was it really that bad?
jl07045

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:36 am Reply with quote
TheCrimsonClaw wrote:
On that note: Was it really that bad?

Well there were people who for some reason thought that an adaptation of some big names playing a tabletop rpg sounds interesting. Every season you get a bunch of anime of this quality or worse.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:39 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Hey zrnzle500, can you believe this? Apparently Funi thinks Chaos Dragon has enough fan interest to warrant a dub. And just when we (I really) were talking about the worst of this season versus last year. Can a reboot be far behind... Cool

They also used Sky Wizards to advertise FunimationNow (apparently one of the people deciding was a fan, which I found surprising). And judging that nearly everyone here is reacting "Wait WTF?" perhaps it wasn't the best decision. Although to be fair I did watch the show all the way through. Are there enough dub fans that are willing to hatewatch? I guess we'll find out.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:58 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:

They also used Sky Wizards to advertise FunimationNow (apparently one of the people deciding was a fan, which I found surprising). And judging that nearly everyone here is reacting "Wait WTF?" perhaps it wasn't the best decision. Although to be fair I did watch the show all the way through. Are there enough dub fans that are willing to hatewatch? I guess we'll find out.

I made it through Sky Wizards twice... someone here dared me to watch Chaos Dragon but I never took them up on it. And after having looked through its "history" I have a better idea of what didn't go right.

Is this show honestly an adaptation of someone's D & D campaign? And that the main cast are the characters they played? And they were given money to make this?

This is seriously making me consider thinking about the possibility of watching Puzzle and Dragon. Who knows if it'll be better but its reason for being wouldn't be as bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3