• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hide Cup Noodles in a Girls und Panzer Tank Ammo Round

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Makes a nice souvenir. But anyone brave enough to walk through Customs with that in the luggage?...

Edit; Though misunderstandings aside, the noodles themselves might be more of an issue depending on the country...
mgosdin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Hana would have an armload of noodle cups. Wink

Mark Gosdin
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:43 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Makes a nice souvenir. But anyone brave enough to walk through Customs with that in the luggage?...
Got the pillow ver so I dont think they would arrest unless really look like real one like gun replica.
Hidders

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:36 am Reply with quote
Just increased the chances of your ramen being stolen if you're keeping your ramen in one of these.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:34 am Reply with quote
I have to admit I never would have thought to look inside of a tank ammo round for ramen noodles. Laughing
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:19 pm Reply with quote
who can finish all the cup noodles in that one round ?
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:12 pm Reply with quote
People steal Cup Noodles? They're like a quarter each. Stealing Cup Noodles is like stealing gumballs or Jolly Rancher candies.

Then again, people who will steal Cup Noodles will steal any food. And in an unlocked package like this, the chances aren't really going to decrease.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
People steal Cup Noodles? They're like a quarter each. Stealing Cup Noodles is like stealing gumballs or Jolly Rancher candies.

Then again, people who will steal Cup Noodles will steal any food. And in an unlocked package like this, the chances aren't really going to decrease.

I've had ramen cups taken from my locker at work. So yea, some people really are that low to steal noodle cups. Sad but true.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:29 pm Reply with quote
The tank shells would make an excellent storage alternative for noodles, as long as they're kept in a safe spot from theft.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
If you're like them, why not try storing your treasured cups of noodles in a life-size tank ammo round case inspired by Girls und Panzer?

The phrasing here is a little bewildering. Surely it is the job of the writer to convince us why we would consider an artillery round to be a fitting accompaniment to instant noodles, rather than to challenge us to explain the contrary notion. Ordnance and convenience food make for incongruous bedfellows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:10 am Reply with quote
The main incongruity here is that they need hot water and time to prepare, both of which are scarce on a battlefield. It'd make perfect sense if they had GuP-branded MREs or other food ready straight-out-of-the-box, though.
Fabe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:06 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

The low cost is probably why people steal them, They just think "oh its only a quarters worth of food,I'm not really doing any harm'. Of course if that's the only food the person they're stealing from had with them that person is screwed come lunch.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Fabe wrote:
leafy sea dragon wrote:

The low cost is probably why people steal them, They just think "oh its only a quarters worth of food,I'm not really doing any harm'. Of course if that's the only food the person they're stealing from had with them that person is screwed come lunch.

Hmm, that's interesting. I've seen the remnants of food thievery at work, but I have never seen or heard instances of instant noodles going missing. On the other hand, if someone brings in something more expensive, like Godiva chocolates or carryout from the well-acclaimed seafood restaurant next door, expect it to disappear the moment you turn your back.

Homecooked stuff and pizza from locally owned places are REALLY vulnerable to this. They're always gone within two hours, and I rarely get to eat any. Either there are some real gluttons, or they're pocketing the food.
SayuriUliana

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:59 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
The main incongruity here is that they need hot water and time to prepare, both of which are scarce on a battlefield. It'd make perfect sense if they had GuP-branded MREs or other food ready straight-out-of-the-box, though.

Actually, water and heating implements are stuff most soldiers are provided with first and foremost nowadays. Combat MRE's are in fact packed with an included chemical heater bag, which is used by... well, adding water and then putting the desired meal bag inside it for 3-5 minutes. Also, apart from the fact that matches are a common field implement, soldiers can be quite resourceful when they're heating stuff, even going so far as tying their meals to engine blocks or exhaust pipes to heat them.
Fabe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:56 pm Reply with quote
SayuriUliana wrote:
Polycell wrote:

Actually, water and heating implements are stuff most soldiers are provided with first and foremost nowadays. Combat MRE's are in fact packed with an included chemical heater bag, which is used by... well, adding water and then putting the desired meal bag inside it for 3-5 minutes. Also, apart from the fact that matches are a common field implement, soldiers can be quite resourceful when they're heating stuff, even going so far as tying their meals to engine blocks or exhaust pipes to heat them.

I heard that during ww1/ww2 some soldiers made tea from the water used to cool machine guns
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2