• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Grimoire of Zero TV Anime Gets 12 Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zztop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:01 am Reply with quote
Would 12 eps enough to cover all the major plot points? Is there any part of the novel which is a good stopping point?
Because I'm aware the novels are still ongoing at 8 volumes (8 came out last December).
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:06 am Reply with quote
Noo! Was hoping for double that...
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:26 am Reply with quote
zztop wrote:
Would 12 eps enough to cover all the major plot points? Is there any part of the novel which is a good stopping point?
Because I'm aware the novels are still ongoing at 8 volumes (8 came out last December).

I haven't read it myself but I imagine they'll hopefully find a good stopping point for the season, maybe do another season covering more material depending on how this does.
I think this studio did a good job wrapping up the season of Re:Zero, leaving it open ended enough for the possibility of a future season.
Robiiii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:40 am Reply with quote
This sucks!! It looked like it would be a perfect anime to have 24 eps. And since white fox isnt exactly a studio that pumps out sequels, im very dissapointed
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:19 am Reply with quote
Robiiii wrote:
This sucks!! It looked like it would be a perfect anime to have 24 eps. And since white fox isnt exactly a studio that pumps out sequels, im very dissapointed

White fox is still a newcomer studio when compared to others and yet it already has a couple of sequals under it's belt. also it has a couple of sequels that were made by other studios and they took over to make sure they still happen so don't give up just yet.

I am sure they can handle it well and if it sells well enough we will get more.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:32 am Reply with quote
Well, I didn't expect it to have more, so not a problem for me.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:12 am Reply with quote
Honestly I'm not surprised.

There's a decent amount of 2-cours for Spring already so inevitably, this one would of been 1-cour. Hopefully they keep it faithful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:24 am Reply with quote
zztop wrote:

Well, the story is arc per volume/two volumes type, so it's easily to conclude it on the third volume ending. If, of course, the authors don't follow the same principle as in Rokka no Yuusha, and adapt just one volume in all series... which is the bad, bad thing.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:13 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Well, the story is arc per volume/two volumes type, so it's easily to conclude it on the third volume ending. If, of course, the authors don't follow the same principle as in Rokka no Yuusha, and adapt just one volume in all series... which is the bad, bad thing.

I'd be far more concerned that they would try to adapt 5-6 volumes.
Iron Maw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:38 am Reply with quote
Animation studios aren't the ones who determine an anime's episode slots. That's more production committee role. WF just has to adhere to guidelines unless something special comes up.

WANNFH wrote:
zztop wrote:

In Rokka's case that actually made sense given each book has detail self contained mystery. Rushing it would have hurt the series and wouldn't have made more popular.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1