• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc Prologue Anime's Promo Video, Story Intro Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:40 am Reply with quote
This sounds like it is a 5 or 10 minute video. Though they didn't claim any running time. Just sounds about how long it would take based plot.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:54 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
This sounds like it is a 5 or 10 minute video. Though they didn't claim any running time. Just sounds about how long it would take based plot.

No, I would be surprised if it wasn't at least episode length. Most OVA bundled with manga and light novels are. And this is supposed to bridge the last story arc, and the one coming, hence the 'prologue' part of the title, something you'll not accomplish with merely a short...
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:02 am Reply with quote
I'm nothing short of giddy for a new animated adaptation of CCS.
elior1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:07 am Reply with quote
the preview for the ova looks great i look foward to it
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote
This is getting me even more HYPED.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:46 pm Reply with quote
The preview looks gorgeous! Smile Really looking forward to the new show of CCS!
Kyjin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Makes sense since the manga end and the anime end were different. I was curious how they were going to handle this with the new anime. (Though I'm secretly hoping Meilin will work her way into the new anime!)

I picked up the special edition of volume 2 of the manga yesterday, and there was an ad in there for the OVA. Very Happy Thanks for sharing the trailer, cause the ad didn't have any info aside from title and price!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Looks nice, they really captured the visual essence of the original while bringing it into the digital age, already looking forward to it!
manapear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I like how they adapted the artwork for the first series, but I love how they're handling the newer art direction. Hopefully the anime itself will look even more water color-y and soft though.

But yay, the team is back. I'm wondering if/when Meiling will re-join the cast.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Please don't turn into CardCaptor Sakura Crystal
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:32 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
I'm nothing short of giddy for a new animated adaptation of CCS.

i just hope that this series doesnt get traped under the "psuedo yuri" aspect like what happened with makoda magica , nanoha and prisma illya and have both sakura and tomoyo as a psuedo yuri couple. cause ten to one, the very hardcore otaku fanbase will definitely would want that with a vengeance.

VanGosroth wrote:

well i really doubt their gonna do the same exact thing like with SM Crystal which to be frank is what naoko wanted in the first place. and exact true adaptation of her prized series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:33 am Reply with quote
VanGosroth wrote:

They're prologue seems to cover the differences of the ending that are important that were left off of the original anime. It's not going to be the same as the original anime, that is to be expected if this is to be a direct adaption of the new arc without changes (the popular trend of adaptions).

And, honestly, I wouldn't mind a re-do of CCS. Because a re-do will never replace the original. The original is still there is where just as with Sailor Moon. The original Sailor Moon is there for people who want it; and Sailor Moon Crystal is there for people who want the story to be closer to manga canon.

There is nothing wrong with having multiple versions of the same story. I suppose I got de-sensitized to this with El Hazard, Tenchi, Escaflone, Magic Knights Rayearth, and Full Metal Alchemist long before Sailor Moon Crystal came along.

Edit...: (more to have more than one anime version) ...and Cat Girl Nuku Nuku, Oh! My Goddess, Berserk, and Hellsing.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:28 am Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
There is nothing wrong with having multiple versions of the same story. I suppose I got de-sensitized to this with El Hazard, Tenchi, Escaflone, Magic Knights Rayearth, and Full Metal Alchemist long before Sailor Moon Crystal came along

Despite some notable differences between the two versions, Ohkawa(from CLAMP) was the one to provide the script for the anime series so it wasn't that bad in that regard.

If, by chance, you mean the OVA, it's not as much a problem with differences most fans have with it as much as wanting to forget it ever existed...
Southkaio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:58 am Reply with quote
I doubt that the Ocean Group voice cast will reprise the roles since Sakura and Kero's voice actors (Carly McKillip and Matt Hill) moved to Los Angeles and Li Shaoran's two voice actors (Rhys Huber and Jordan Killik) are no longer in business. Besides, the Ocean Group a.k.a. Inter Pacific Productions went bankrupt in the early 2010s. And Nelvana always cast real children and teens in each anime they license.
Either Studiopolis or Bang Zoom! Entertainment will dub the new Cardcaptor Sakura anime. I am sure in it.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:58 am Reply with quote
Southkaio wrote:
I doubt that the Ocean Group voice cast will reprise the roles since Sakura and Kero's voice actors (Carly McKillip and Matt Hill) moved to Los Angeles and Li Shaoran's two voice actors (Rhys Huber and Jordan Killik) are no longer in business. Besides, the Ocean Group a.k.a. Inter Pacific Productions went bankrupt in the early 2010s. And Nelvana always cast real children and teens in each anime they license.
Either Studiopolis or Bang Zoom! Entertainment will dub the new Cardcaptor Sakura anime. I am sure in it.

that there is news to me since their are posters here saying that the ocean group are doing the dub for the new gintama series and some of their VAs are voicing in that dub. unless that was a lie. also there is absolutely zero way nelvana is going to dub any anime series that isnt named beyblade or bakugan battle brawlers. they learned that lesson the hard way when they completely destroyed the original CCS which in turn gave them within the otaku community the same rep as 4kids. if that had happened again, the whole community would be in a massive tizzy fit and i wouldnt blame them at the slightest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2