• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyashiki Anime's Writer, Character Designer Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:42 am Reply with quote
It is only natural that Amazon would get this due to their deal. If only we know how long it would last.
Nodz

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:08 am Reply with quote
At least there are alternatives Very Happy
Dandylion

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:43 am Reply with quote
I really hope it'll be a two cour complete adaptation, also I really hope It won't be full 3D CGI ...
Karl2

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:26 am Reply with quote
Dandylion wrote:
I really hope it'll be a two cour complete adaptation, also I really hope It won't be full 3D CGI ...

Unfortunately the winter block is already taken by Koi wa Ameagari no You ni so either it is going to be 2 separate seasons or they will have to cut out half the content to be able to have the same ending the manga
KH91

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:01 am Reply with quote
We now know the exact number, not that it was hard to figure out. Oh snap! Onda returns to work on another Oku series.

......Amazon.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:37 am Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
It is only natural that Amazon would get this due to their deal. If only we know how long it would last.

I believe Winter 2018 is the last season Amazon gets exclusivity to Noitamina. I pray to God that they don't renew that deal...
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:53 am Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:

Hopefully before Psycho Pass 3 if it ever gets announced. Its been on noitamina the last 2 seasons if memory serves me right
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:30 am Reply with quote
Dandylion wrote:
It is possible that it would it is CG because it is a transformation scene, and the rest is 2D. We won't know until the show comes out, but I can't see MAPPA not doing that.

edit: Re-reading it, it may be the case, since the director does 3D work and the chief director has worked on a 3D film. Shame as I would of liked to have watched it.
Peebs

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Amazon gets this and the rest of us get the short end of the stick. Dammit. Illegal streaming should not even be an option, people.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Dandylion wrote:

Why do people just instantly assume something's going to be bad because it's CG? Everything isn't Berserk, a lot of shows have gotten it right. Ajin, for instance.
Dandylion

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:15 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Dandylion wrote:

Why do people just instantly assume something's going to be bad because it's CG? Everything isn't Berserk, a lot of shows have gotten it right. Ajin, for instance.

Why do people Just Instantly assume that other people are just Instantly assuming that something's going to be bad because it's CG, when they are just expressing their preference for traditional 2D animation over 3D CGI ???

For the record, I loved Kemono Friends and I also liked Bubuki Buranki Wink
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:57 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Dandylion wrote:

For me it's more because of personal taste, I'm not into 3D Anime. I did watch berserk, but that was only because I'm a big fan.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:28 pm Reply with quote
The people saying they aren't going to watch it because it may incorporate CG animation must not be aware that pretty much ALL modern anime has at least some CG imagery integrated into it in some fashion.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:
The people saying they aren't going to watch it because it may incorporate CG animation must not be aware that pretty much ALL modern anime has at least some CG imagery integrated into it in some fashion.

Yes, but when the entire show is rendered in CG, including the character animation, it tends to look stiff and janky. I liked the plot of Ajin well enough, but everybody on screen moved in slow, short jerky motions and the lip flaps didn't match the dialogue in either language. It's disconcerting and takes me out of the show.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Sure, but I wasn't referring to full CG-animated shows, only shows that partially incorporate the technique. Which, if either of the two, this series would surely be the latter
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2