• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Clover Anime Stars Gakuto Kajiawara, Nobunaga Shimazaki

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:23 am Reply with quote
I was actually expecting Horie and Saito to reprise Asta and Yuno respectively, but Shimazaki and a newcomer got the roles. I am still no big fan of BC but there's no harm to expect something.
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:32 am Reply with quote
Fall 2017 start as expected! Can't wait to see one of my new favorite shonen animated! This series will be great! Haven't met an arc in the manga I didn't like and I'm enjoying the current arc as well.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:10 am Reply with quote
That's actually who i most expected to voice Yuno, hot voice for such a hot character.
traitorAIZEN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:11 am Reply with quote
I haven't read this manga but wow that MC is the epitome of what generic shounen protagonist should look like.
Peebs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:02 am Reply with quote
Zakki is gonna be somebody's senpai!!!!11

I did not see that one coming. I'm excited. The only thing that will kill me would be Amazon taking this title. Evil or Very Mad
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Peebs wrote:
The only thing that will kill me would be Amazon taking this title. Evil or Very Mad

It will be interesting to see who wins this particular bidding war.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote
It was obvious that the cast will get changed (it happens all the time). I quite liked Shun Horie as Asta, let's see how his new voice will handle the role. As for Yuno - I think Shimazaki will be able to create a more unique voice for him. Saito's take on the character wasn't particularly memorable.
ETX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:53 pm Reply with quote
traitorAIZEN wrote:
I haven't read this manga but wow that MC is the epitome of what generic shounen protagonist should look like.

It's a good thing that Asta's appearance is the only thing that makes him a "Generic Shounen MC" then isn't it.

Never judge a book by it's cover. Cool

Lord Vaultman wrote:
Peebs wrote:
The only thing that will kill me would be Amazon taking this title. Evil or Very Mad

I'm fairly sure Crunchryroll will pick this up. Then again, Funimation might want to dub it. There's been rumors here and there that it's gonna be 40-50 episodes.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:31 pm Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
traitorAIZEN wrote:

It's a good thing that Asta's appearance is the only thing that makes him a "Generic Shounen MC" then isn't it.

Never judge a book by it's cover. Cool

Lord Vaultman wrote:
Peebs wrote:

I'm fairly sure Crunchryroll will pick this up. Then again, Funimation might want to dub it. There's been rumors here and there that it's gonna be 40-50 episodes.

The fact that its shonen and being done by studio pierrot is a strong indicator of it being 40 to 50 episodes. Coincidentally funimations 48 episode dub of Monster Hunter will be over by then.

As for crunchyroll or funimation picking this up who the hell knows either way there would be a simuldub unless amazon/sentai get their hands on it which is what would be interesting to me in terms of how much do both sides really want this show?!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 am Reply with quote
The fact that it has MonMusu's director is probably what has me wanting to watch it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1