• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Silver Spoon Manga Goes Back on Hiatus After 3 Chapters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:05 am Reply with quote
At this point, I'd rather have Arakawa give it a rush ending rather than make the fans wait and wait. She could've finished it perfectly with the point where she had left off before her last hiatus. But now, with all these breaks, I'm just tired.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:22 am Reply with quote
Lactobacillus yogurti wrote:
At this point, I'd rather have Arakawa give it a rush ending rather than make the fans wait and wait. She could've finished it perfectly with the point where she had left off before her last hiatus. But now, with all these breaks, I'm just tired.

Why don't you just wait until the end and only start/continue reading then? You don't have to care about hiatuses that way.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:52 am Reply with quote
Blackiris_ wrote:
Why don't you just wait until the end and only start/continue reading then? You don't have to care about hiatuses that way.

Patience is not a bacterium's forte.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:04 am Reply with quote
And Arakawa wants to do another FMA manga for the movie? lol

Is Arakawa a fan of Dragon Quest? Because that's the week to expect hiatus galore.
ptj_tsubasa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:04 am Reply with quote
Lactobacillus yogurti wrote:

You do realize that one of her family members is most likely dying, don't you?

Last edited by ptj_tsubasa on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:18 am Reply with quote
Yes, and that's why I think that trying to divide her time like that, giving this a rushed end so she can focus on her family would be best.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote
The story seems to be close to wrapping up anyway, unless Arakawa intends to show spoiler[the characters' college years. If Hachiken manages to pass the entrance exam, I hope the series skips ahead to his life as a college-graduated businessman, hopefully married to Mikage.]
polarcubby

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:43 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing! I'd rather she finished Silver Spoon than do more FMA... unless it's about General Armstrong... in that case I'm in... OK, on second thought, I want both, more Silver Spoon and more FMA, and I want it now...
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 pm Reply with quote
polarcubby wrote:
KH91 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing! I'd rather she finished Silver Spoon than do more FMA... unless it's about General Armstrong... in that case I'm in... OK, on second thought, I want both, more Silver Spoon and more FMA, and I want it now...

I think she just meant one shot like the one about Al's armor and the "reboot" of the first episode where Ed was more violent
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:26 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

Is Arakawa a fan of Dragon Quest? Because that's the week to expect hiatus galore.

Um, you do realize that she has two other currently ongoing manga, don't you? And she didn't even put Arslan on hiatus to work on the 3 silver spoon chapters. Arslan has been going on since 2013 and has yet to take any hiatus, while Noble Farmer hasn't had any since around 2010, and that was when FMA was still ongoing. And during most of FMA's run she was also doing Hero Tales (which along with Silver Spoon, are the only ones that have had lengthy hiatus'). Not to mention she also worked on 10 novels (albeit mainly just overseeing and illustrations), 3 guidebooks, 4 one-shots, 10 fma bonus chapters and more for FMA. Very rarely would she take a break and not work on anything else (and I'm not even sure if that's happened before). In fact, on one occasions, instead of taking a break, she simply told everyone she would be doing shorter chapters for Arslan, and would publish Silver Spoon irregularly. And she even continued to draw manga even during pregnancy (one that we know of, the other two perhaps).

She's one of the hardest working mangaka out there, so don't go bringing up Dragon Quest. Next time do your research. All you needed was to google her, and you will at the very least know that she currently has 3 ongoing series (just one glance at her wikipedia or wiki page would've been enough). That's just plain rude to make assumptions without doing any research.

Also, the fma manga she's doing for the live-action movie is just a one-shot. And quite frankly, I'd be surprised if she put Arslan and Noble Farmer on hiatus for that, given she didn't take a break for Silver Spoon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1