• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Build Fighters: Battlogue Episode 1 Streams With English Subtitles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:06 pm Reply with quote
This one Battlelogue episode was better than pretty much all of Try. I can't wait to see the rest.
Zeino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:30 pm Reply with quote
So anyone else catch the injoke about Char's VA here not being the original one? It has to do with Gundam the Origin...
Iconking

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:19 pm Reply with quote
The voice acting references were good overall. Fanservice on point.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad the best Gundam is getting more stuff made. I heard Try wasn't that great, so this stuff directly related to the previous cast seems more exciting.
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:31 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
I'm glad the best Gundam is getting more stuff made. I heard Try wasn't that great, so this stuff directly related to the previous cast seems more exciting.
Try suffered from the common shonen problem of escalation. Every time a new enemy was introduced, they had to be stronger than the previous way in a pure numbers kind of way, and that led to a bunch of over the top abilities and such which was not the same as the first seasons more calculated, more skillful battles that made far more sense.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Try suffered from the common shonen problem of escalation. Every time a new enemy was introduced, they had to be stronger than the previous way in a pure numbers kind of way, and that led to a bunch of over the top abilities and such which was not the same as the first seasons more calculated, more skillful battles that made far more sense.

I agree with your point, but I don't think it was exactly the cause of the problem. I think they were originally aiming for a focus on team battles. But along the way, they stumbled with the script. Then they finally decided to go with a different, more fantastical approach instead.
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:42 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
Nyren wrote:

I agree with your point, but I don't think it was exactly the cause of the problem. I think they were originally aiming for a focus on team battles. But along the way, they stumbled with the script. Then they finally decided to go with a different, more fantastical approach instead.
I agree to a point. The first half of the show did feel less fantastical and more like the first season, but the problem began in the latter half, the nationals. It's so... coincidental that I can't help, but feel like that was planned the whole time.

I mean, to be fair, they through G Gundam in the mix, and G Gundam by its very nature operates on a different set of rules than any other Gundam series. So that could partially explain why it got crazy.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:41 am Reply with quote
I just watched it.

Holy cookies. For only 11 minutes, that was some really good mobile suit action. I loved the voice actor references too. I thought it was only a one shot, but there's gonna be another episode too? Yeah, I'd really like to see a battle between Emma and Seabook! Very Happy
Issac Sarrowtail

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:47 am Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
So anyone else catch the injoke about Char's VA here not being the original one? It has to do with Gundam the Origin...

No, it's the REAL char... which is the joke really.
Yes, I did catch it. It's damn funny, but that also highlights this fact.... Shūichi Ikeda has not been getting any younger, at some point he will be replaced (likely upon his death).
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:07 am Reply with quote
The video was exciting to watch, but i kinda feel weird about it.

I know their promoting model making part of it, but now the kids who make it aren't involved anymore with the fighting now that they just let some AI do the work. Cyber AI slavery?

I guess this kinda opens things up for AI's to awaken that they are being used by something else. That's vibe i get from it.

I enjoyed Try despite it going over board at the end, but frankly it was fun and amusing to watch.

Two Build Fighter series thou? Will they interact with one another?
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Wish Episode 2 was good as episode 1. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1