Forum - View topic
Anime Hunting - NO Recommendation threads allowed! [READ THE 1st POST]

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:32 pm Reply with quote
TRSI is offering a sale that evidently is only good for this weekend. With 40% discounts, I am naturally intrigued. One of the anime on sale is Pita-Ten. As far as I can tell, there is nothing on ANN about it in terms of reviews. Normally I am loathe to do this, but with the time constraint I don't feel that I have much of a real choice. Therefore, I will ask:

Has anyone watched the show? If so, then what did you think of it?
st_owly
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote
I've not watched it but I read the manga many years ago. It's diabetes inducingly sweet, but the plot isn't bad.
Alan45
Village ElderVillage Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:05 am Reply with quote
As with st_owly, I've not seen the anime but I did buy the first several volumes of the manga. It turned out much too sweet and cute for me. I no longer have the manga, so I probably gave it away at some point. The graphic on the TRSI solicitation is a good example of the art style.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:13 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know any anime that has both samurai and demons in it?
I recently watched Utsunomiko and played Musya on SNES. While Utsunomiko sort of gave me that classical and supernatural Japanese experience, I'm looking for something more along the lines of "samurai battles evil Japanese demons from Hell". Like with Musya. I would like the same experience I had with Musya but in anime form so I was wondering if anyone knows of an anime that is kinda like it.
Or just something Kamakura/Muromachi era related.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:37 am Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
Does anyone know any anime that has both samurai and demons in it?
I recently watched Utsunomiko and played Musya on SNES. While Utsunomiko sort of gave me that classical and supernatural Japanese experience, I'm looking for something more along the lines of "samurai battles evil Japanese demons from Hell". Like with Musya. I would like the same experience I had with Musya but in anime form so I was wondering if anyone knows of an anime that is kinda like it.
Or just something Kamakura/Muromachi era related.

Well, there is Yotoden- Wrath of the Ninja. It's pretty old, but not too bad if you don't mind the animation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 16 of 16