Forum - View topic
Release Scraper Completely Broken Unable to Add Releases

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigOnAnime

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:46 am Reply with quote
See the following thread for more info on the extent of what's wrong with the release scraper.
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3053645

Simply, the release scraper has been broken for months now for multiple sites (it was a problem before the domain hacking), and now it's to the point where it's impossible to add any releases except manually, which is not able to be done by regular users. Months worth of releases are now currently missing from the encyclopedia as a result of this problem. Is it possible for this to finally be fixed? I sent Dan42 a PM about this issue about a month ago and didn't get a response like I did the last time I brought this issue up via PM in hopes it would finally be addressed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BigOnAnime

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:41 am Reply with quote
Bump, the issue is still here, and the number of releases missing keeps growing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Calico

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I just tried to add another release, and it's still broken. Are there any plans to fix this? And are there any reasons why the release scraper just broke like it did?
BigOnAnime

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:20 am Reply with quote
Bump, it's still broken, and now there's only 3 releases left on the upcoming list.
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/releases.php?format=video
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:23 pm Reply with quote
BigOnAnime, I want to thank you a lot for the bumps and your politeness and patience. I keep thinking I have to get to this soon and I keep getting buried in other urgent things, and at the same time I sort of remember the last time I looked at the issue and it was ugly, with some sites blocking our scraper and others being javascript-only. I'll try to get to this as soon as I can. Please slap me if I don't.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Amazon should be the easiest fix since it is, at least sometimes, pulling data from the API after a release is added manually. The wizard still fails 100% of the time because it can't reach or parse the actually page, but the API data alone ought to be sufficient to at least build a partial entry (my personal API access is broken because they've changed the way partner accounts work, so I can't recall what, if anything, is only available via the web).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1