• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Koi wa Ameagari no You ni TV Anime Reveals New Visual, Main Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Space Brothers' Ayumu Watanabe directs at Wit Studio; Aimer performs ending theme

Ohhhh Smile

Quote:
The show will stream exclusively on Amazon Prime Video inside and outside of Japan.

Oh... Confused

Quote:
The manga centers on 17-year-old high school studentAkira Tachibana, a girl who barely expresses herself. She harbors a secret crush on Masami Kondō, the 45-year-old manager

Ugh... Mad

You can keep it Amazon. Turns out I don't want it (even if the crush goes unreciprocated) but I'll check out the soundtrack cus Aimer is on it.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:01 am Reply with quote
^That was my exact thought process, except I gave up on holding out on Amazon & got an Anime Strike subscription last season. I almost feel like I should apologize to everyone who's waiting for Amazon to drop their double pay wall. I may have prime, and Anime Strike, but I don't have to be happy about it!

Yay for more Aimer, boo on more teen/adult romance!
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:34 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Yay for more Aimer, boo on more teen/adult romance!

Teen/adult romances are my favorite, if done right. But only when the girl is younger then the guy.

Althought, I'm not sure about Koi wa Ameagari no You ni. Twenty-eight years is too much of an age gap between the two. There is one manga I've read with a huge age gap and had been done right was Kore Wa Koi No Hanashi/This Is a Love Story. Try checking it out. Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:37 am Reply with quote
As a 52-year-old single (whatta surprise) male, I heartily approve of this storyline! Naturally, I shan't actually post this message, 'coz I don't want people to think I'm a creepy old letch...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:38 am Reply with quote
Doh!
Skydrop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:20 am Reply with quote
Wit Studio doing this? Hyped level multiplied by 2! This should be really real deal!8-)!
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:26 am Reply with quote
How to spot people who haven't read the manga, they "ugh" at the description. The manga isn't otaku bait, it's a Seinen manga with emphasis on slice of life with a dash of romance. The series is pretty good and well regarded, also fun fact, it's written by a woman, not some "perv guy".
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:56 am Reply with quote
Tetsuro Araki had said [if I'm not mistaken this year] that Kabaneri season 2 was already set to be released next year. The Ancient Magus Bride was probably being produced since its first OVA [I speculate]. So that timeline that forced Aot to change dates makes perfect sense.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:04 am Reply with quote
^So? Bunny Drop was also written by a woman and was far from otaku bait, but still managed to creep out a whole lot of people by its ending (which, to be fair, was left pretty open to interpretation). May/December romances involving a minor can be creepy regardless of the writer's gender or the intended audience. Perhaps this particular story isn't, but people who are typically creeped out by these stories will be more cautious.
Airiiin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:19 am Reply with quote
Ugh, Wit Studio... Way to kill the hype. I hope they have improved since their AoT S1 days or I'll pass on this and stick to the manga, I have heard great things from it.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I changed it to reflect my own thought-process. Laughing

Quote:
Space Brothers' Ayumu Watanabe directs at Wit Studio; Aimer performs ending theme

Ohhhh Smile

Quote:
The show will stream exclusively on Amazon Prime Video inside and outside of Japan.

Oh... Smile

Quote:
The manga centers on 17-year-old high school studentAkira Tachibana, a girl who barely expresses herself. She harbors a secret crush on Masami Kondō, the 45-year-old manager

Ugh... Shocked Cool Very Happy aaahhhhhh yes.?

Seriously though. This is the kind of story that tends to be perfectly ripe for the kind of drama that I love. It appeals to me in a lot of ways, beyond the controversial age difference. I do dislike that people see the premise and immediately assume it's some kind of trash. When we have anime seriously examining these kinds of relationships for excellent drama all the time. Koi Kaze, Garden of Words, Scum's Wish, etc.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:06 pm Reply with quote
This has been known to be a Noitamina show for a long time, haven't people learned already that for now Amazon get everything Noitamina has.
Silent-Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:13 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

Ugh... Shocked Cool Very Happy aaahhhhhh yes.?

Seriously though. This is the kind of story that tends to be perfectly ripe for the kind of drama that I love. It appeals to me in a lot of ways, beyond the controversial age difference. I do dislike that people see the premise and immediately assume it's some kind of trash. When we have anime seriously examining these kinds of relationships for excellent drama all the time. Koi Kaze, Garden of Words, Scum's Wish, etc.

When it comes to age difference, I find it depends on the couple for me. At the same time, it's not something I'm easily open-minded towards considering its controversial nature. In my real life, I have an Auntie (in her 50's) and an Uncle (in his 70's), and it doesn't bother me one bit. To be fair though, they are much older in age compared to the couple presented in the premise, so it makes sense in that context. In any case, I can't say I'm the most excited for this kind of drama; however, I'm willing to give it a shot. At the end of the day, it all comes down to execution and personal tastes.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:01 pm Reply with quote
That fact that this is in the genre/target demographic that it is, and is going to be airing on Noitamina also gives me a bit more faith in this story. If it was an Otaku LN that was meant to be titillating, I would probably not approach it with quite so much optimism. But these are the kinds of shows and source materials, that usually take their drama seriously.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Wit Studio and Aimer? So I'm now forced to watch this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1