• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dropkick on My Devil! Manga About College Student & Her Demon Roommate Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:41 am Reply with quote
I've read the manga and I still don't know how to feel about it. I love monster girls, some of the humor is funny, but there was a good amount of the humor that I remember just being mean spirited. It's interesting that it's getting an anime and I'll at least check it out.
Skydrop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:44 am Reply with quote
Premise sounds cool and simple, maybe I might try this out. Hopefully it will be at least somewhat decent.
Shradow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:59 am Reply with quote
Oh hell yeah, I love me some slapstick. Monster Musume also had really good slapstick, maybe monster girls are the key?
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:07 am Reply with quote
Sounds like fun. Smile I like slapstick, so I’m hoping that I will enjoy it when it comes out.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:43 am Reply with quote
Finally, more girl-girl duo anime. Looking forward to this.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:39 am Reply with quote
It is named "Dropkick on My Devil", and yet the manoeuvre depicted is clearly a camel clutch. Do they underestimate the size of the intersection between wrestling fans and otaku?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:09 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
It is named "Dropkick on My Devil", and yet the manoeuvre depicted is clearly a camel clutch. Do they underestimate the size of the intersection between wrestling fans and otaku?

I think they're saving the dropkick as a finishing move.

By the way, I actually chuckled when I read the synopsis. It's been a while since a mere synopsis made me react that way.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote
The premise that the college student is scarier than the demon is a tad predictable but as a comedy it sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:43 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Finally, more girl-girl duo anime. Looking forward to this.

The second coming of Kill me baby Very Happy
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:

Could be worse they could've had someone getting predictably slammed with a german suplex.

And this looks like one of them 5 minute anime's (not that I mind those).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:17 am Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:
I've read the manga and I still don't know how to feel about it. I love monster girls, some of the humor is funny, but there was a good amount of the humor that I remember just being mean spirited. It's interesting that it's getting an anime and I'll at least check it out.

Even though slapstick is often lighthearted, the violence is perhaps an alternate take on what technically is/could be deemed domestic violence. Thus, I suppose ultimately physically violent humor is mean-spirited.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1