• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fist of the Blue Sky Regenesis TV Anime Reveals Voice Lead, Staff, April Debut on Amazon

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:15 am Reply with quote
Wow. Was not expecting CG (more like I didn't want it). But it's Polygon...so I'm a bit more open-minded, but still....wow. lol At least Yamadera is back.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Agreed ! having Kouchi Yamadera back as Kasumi Kenshiro is the best news so far. The inconstancy of the seiyuu in the Hokuto franchise is one of the weakest points for it IMHO because with all the respect to all the seiyuu that played Kenshiro, no one except Akira Kamiya captured the essence of the character to me.

Kasumi Kenshiro, belongs to Yamadera of course even though Kamiya did voice a chapter of the manga in the drama CD of the manga (prior to the anime release).

Now my hope is that this and the 2007 anime get licensed in the near future Smile
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Of all the shows to have blocked under Amazon's double-paywall & bad quality control.....and it doesn't seem to be a Sentai license either so it's screwed.

Also like the recent Berserk, this looks to be another case where the tie-in game's CG looks better than the anime so that's a shame and speaking of the game, here's hoping it gets localized and with a physical release.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:36 pm Reply with quote
are you screwing with me!?!

Screw 3dcg and screw amazon. no watch for me. this 3d cg crap needs to stop. if all anime turns like this im just not gonna watch anime anymore. i cannot believe this...
mrsatan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Very disappointed in the choice of 3DCGI, but I'm gradually coming to terms with the fact that traditional anime is dying out. There was a time when I would NEVER watch CGI and now I'm learning to accept it. I watched Berserk and Ajin simply for the story. I still don't like it very much and I don't consider it "art". I'm sorry if that upsets some people. I'm 40-something years old (even I can't remember my age) and my opinion ain't gonna change.

YES, I will check this out IF I can find a way to watch it. TRYING my DAMNDEST to be open minded because I love the Hokuto series so much.
Adrian Robotnik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:09 pm Reply with quote
The CGI looks even worse than that of Berserk 2016-2017...Damn, how can they make such a shitty anime like this?
xchampion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Y'all are crazy. Yes, CGI is not my preferred style either, but Polygon Films is the best in the business when it comes to CGI for anime. Those of you saying this looks worse than Berserk, then you need to get your eyes checked. This is obviously significantly better.
Nodz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I hope that if a Hokuto no Ken anime series remake is made, it won't be CGI or Amazoned!
Is this anime a remake? (I cannot say, based on the trailer, as I never watched the old anime)
Shar Aznabull

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I actually think the CG looks quite nice, reminds me of the JoJo OPs. WAY better than Berserk's.

Sucks that it's locked behind Amazon though, they've been consistently awful with their anime streaming.
Shar Aznabull

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I actually think the CG looks quite nice, reminds me of the JoJo OPs. WAY better than Berserk's.

Sucks that it's locked behind Amazon though, they've been consistently awful with their anime streaming.
marek1712

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:59 am Reply with quote
Although CGI, the details are nice. But these 15fps of animation...
TemplateR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:00 am Reply with quote
Will "Fist of the Blue Sky Regenisis" air on the programmblock of Animeism or Noitamina? Or how is amazon got the license?
anddo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:03 pm Reply with quote
First Berserk and now this? What a shame. Seriously, I was excited for a new mainline Hokuto anime. How come moe and idol garbage gets proper traditionally animated adaptations while some of Japan's most iconic manga get the worst possible treatment?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:38 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

Also like the recent Berserk, this looks to be another case where the tie-in game's CG

That's not really a tie in game as it's based off the original Fist Of The North Star.
Adrian Robotnik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:07 pm Reply with quote
xchampion wrote:
Y'all are crazy. Yes, CGI is not my preferred style either, but Polygon Films is the best in the business when it comes to CGI for anime. Those of you saying this looks worse than Berserk, then you need to get your eyes checked. This is obviously significantly better.

The best in the business? Not for me! There are some relatively unknown studios that could do a better job.
And this may not be worse than Berserk, but it's still disappointing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2