• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyou Kara Ore Wa!! Manga Gets Live-Action TV Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tailor31415

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:16 pm Reply with quote
neat! tried watching the older one once and the subs weren't quite at the point where they made sense. I wish this could get an anime reboot, but live action will have to do Cool
Encore22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Kyou Kara Ore Wa kicks ass, hope they find actors who really care about the source material, wether this becomes something good or not is largely going to depend on the actors, Kyou Kara Ore Wa is all about personalities.
Takamuratrollface

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:27 pm Reply with quote
tailor31415 wrote:
neat! tried watching the older one once and the subs weren't quite at the point where they made sense. I wish this could get an anime reboot, but live action will have to do Cool

I think there used to be a bad sub for it. But there is a better one and perfect in that regard: Check Saizen-fansubs and HnG collaboration. Good Italian DVD-rips with proper English subs!

And yes, I'm happy that they've decided to pick this one up. It's a show where live-action could work pretty well. I hope it's good as the source material and maybe that we got more anime stuff from it!
tailor31415

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:19 am Reply with quote
Takamuratrollface wrote:

I think there used to be a bad sub for it. But there is a better one and perfect in that regard: Check Saizen-fansubs and HnG collaboration. Good Italian DVD-rips with proper English subs!

And yes, I'm happy that they've decided to pick this one up. It's a show where live-action could work pretty well. I hope it's good as the source material and maybe that we got more anime stuff from it!

Saizen subbed the old live action show too? wow, I'll have to try to find it
Takamuratrollface

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:18 am Reply with quote
tailor31415 wrote:
Saizen subbed the old live action show too? wow, I'll have to try to find it

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the OVAs... Crying or Very sad
IgnisTL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Yūichi Fukuda (live-action Gintama, HK/Hentai Kamen, Super Salaryman Mr. Saenai) is directing the series. Fukuda previously worked with Kaku on the live-action television series Yūsha Yoshihiko to Maō no Shiro. Fukuda directed the series, and Kaku played a policeman in the 11th episode.

If you're gonna list Mr. Saenai on that previous show list, you might as well use that instead of a random cameo on Yoshihiko for your collaboration example (plus, Mr.Saenai aired in 2017, as opposed to Yoshihiko back in 2011). Kaku played a recurring role on Mr. Saenai as a coworker of the main character. He also played Aren in Fukuda's Saiki Kusuo movie (which is more recent too!), and he was also one of the main characters for Fukuda's Amazon Prime Video drama Businessmen VS Alien.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1