• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nozomi Entertainment to Release Sweet Blue Flowers Anime on Blu-ray

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:41 pm Reply with quote
It is good that Sweet Blue Flowers is getting a BD update. I bought the DVD release recently, but I will double dip to support Right Stuf and because the show's background art is worth the HD update. I wonder if they are also doing a BD release of the Rose of Versailles.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Always nice to be reminded of Sweet Blue Flowers. Still interested in seeing an adaptation of the rest of this manga in animation too.
... and several of Shimura Takako's other manga volumes and series as well for that matter...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm generally not a double dipper, so Blu-ray upgrades don't mean much to me. I kinda wish NozomiTRSI/Lucky Penny would do more than just re-release old titles and Gundum shows, though.
HannoX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:14 pm Reply with quote
I already have the DVD of Sweet Blue Flowers, so I don't know if I'll get the BD or not, but I probably will. If you're a fan of yuri you should get this; it's very good.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they could do the same for sengoku collection
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:17 pm Reply with quote
of course they are, right after I finally get the DVD release. Good news though. I'll get it eventually
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I've already pre-order Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer and Gundam AGE: Memory of Eden. Not much left in the Gundam franchise I've yet to watch at this point outside of compilation films. For now, only Gundam-related title I'd have genuine interest to snag up is Gundam: The Origin.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:03 pm Reply with quote
gundam seed when.

ordered the gundam00 ce and gage memory of eden
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
gundam seed when.

With the new English dub being made, the new releases are probably going to take a while.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Dang, wish this Sweet Blue Flowers BD came like a year ago. I won't be purchasing it now, unfortunately, but I'm very happy it's happening regardless, and I hope it is successful for them.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:14 am Reply with quote
While Sweet Blue Flowers is definitely a buy for me, every time I hear a Nozomi/RightStuf announcement I get reminded about how Tamayura was a flop that they never followed through on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:29 am Reply with quote
Why is it that there's little to no legit anime blu ray distributor around here? Buying shit in dollar is gonna dig a hole in my wallet so deep it might as well go through the other side of the earth. Really wanna support my yuri and all girls stuff.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:43 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I kinda wish NozomiTRSI/Lucky Penny would do more than just re-release old titles and Gundam shows, though.
I've been thinking the same thing. Sadly, their last non-Gundam new release was in November 2016 (Big Wind-Up S2), so perhaps their recent releases of modern shows like Tamayura and A Town Where You Live haven't done so well.

Pokenatic wrote:
every time I hear a Nozomi/RightStuf announcement I get reminded about how Tamayura was a flop that they never followed through on.
True, and whoever decreed/decided on a DVD-only release didn't do its chances any favors. Though I recall hearing something about some licensing issue making further releases difficult, I can't find the source on it atm.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:12 am Reply with quote
@ Zalis116 - Great minds think alike. Wink It is funny we both came to the same conclusion on roughly the same day. I used WTK's thread in the Retail forum to quickly see when the last non-re-release, non-Gundam title was and like you, saw that it was Big Wind-up Season 2 in November of 2016. It is a shame because Nozomi used to be a pretty reliable purveyor of good/great but overlooked shows. Well, the Gundam titles will eventually all be released and perhaps that will force them to get creative again.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:44 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:

Pokenatic wrote:
every time I hear a Nozomi/RightStuf announcement I get reminded about how Tamayura was a flop that they never followed through on.
True, and whoever decreed/decided on a DVD-only release didn't do its chances any favors. Though I recall hearing something about some licensing issue making further releases difficult, I can't find the source on it atm.

That's odd as if Tamayura was just a sub only BD release, I never would have bought it. I'd like to see it continue, preferably on sub only DVD or, not going to happen but you... no, it's never going to happen... a BD release that doesn't have hard coded subtitles.

Can someone explain to me the necessity to watch subtitles in HD? I find it hilarious that I've seen many pirates properties that go out of their way to note that the subtitles are burnt in the image but people are willing to pay for the opportunity to play them.

And speaking of Rihtstuf and Sato and nonGundam releases, they are doing the dubbed Aria BD eventually. Someday...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2