• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Caligula Anime Replaces Yuichiro Umehara With Tomoaki Maeno

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:24 am Reply with quote
So Kyo Kusanagi Is the new Izuru.
SHD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:44 am Reply with quote
WHY Maeno? At least get Hosoya Yoshimasa or something. Maeno sounds absolutely nothing like Umehara, his voice quality and acting are so different this is going to be a completely new character.

On another note, I wish the best for Umehara, and I hope he'll get all the time he needs to get well. I'm sad to see all these announcements (the TsukiPro twitter also announced that Umehara won't be appearing at the TsukiPro Summer Live later this month, and other events have posted similar announcements) but it's good that he gets the time necessary to recuperate.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:53 am Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
WHY Maeno? At least get Hosoya Yoshimasa or something. Maeno sounds absolutely nothing like Umehara, his voice quality and acting are so different this is going to be a completely new character.

Hosoya is already Kotaro here. And yeah, he sounds pretty different. I still hope Umehara is recovering.
SHD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:02 am Reply with quote
falcon.punch wrote:
Hosoya is already Kotaro here. And yeah, he sounds pretty different. I still hope Umehara is recovering.

There are still people out there who sound more similar to Umehara than Maeno...

Yeah, I really hope the best for Umehara. He's so talented and so young.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1