• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dead or Alive 6 Game Announced for PS4, Xbox One, PC in Early 2019

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crext

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Liked the last one, day one buy for me.
IanC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:59 pm Reply with quote
They need to tone down the dlc. The amount that DoA5 had was shocking, both in number and in price.

Yet I barely heard a peep against it. Seems odd, when western games get attacked over dlc routinely…
Chester McCool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:22 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
Yet I barely heard a peep against it. Seems odd, when western games get attacked over dlc routinely…

DoA's DLC is all costumes which don't effect gameplay at all. Just for people who want to dress the characters up in skimpy, fetish outfits. Pretty big difference from lootboxes and stuff that affect gameplay.
anddo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:31 pm Reply with quote
The new Ryu design is really cool. Hope that hints at a Ninja Gaiden 4.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Kind of surprising that this was announced before Team Ninja they were going to move away from Dead or Alive. This game looks better than ever.

anddo! wrote:
The new Ryu design is really cool. Hope that hints at a Ninja Gaiden 4.

It would be cool if we get Ninja Gaiden 4 during E3. Devil May Cry 5 and Ninja Gaiden 4 in one event would be spectacular.
anddo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:55 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
It would be cool if we get Ninja Gaiden 4 during E3. Devil May Cry 5 and Ninja Gaiden 4 in one event would be spectacular.

Completely agreed. To help further the theory, the one who designed Ryu's new look in DoA6 was also the director of Ninja Gaiden 3, and Nioh later on. With the latter title's success on top of the Ninja Gaiden references made in that game we may actually see Ninja Gaiden 4 become reality.

Make it happen Tecmo Koei.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:21 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:

As far I can tell Japanese players didn't have a problem with it as much as American and European players (who frequently ignore that most DLC is optional) did.
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Chester McCool wrote:
IanC wrote:

DoA's DLC is all costumes which don't effect gameplay at all. Just for people who want to dress the characters up in skimpy, fetish outfits. Pretty big difference from lootboxes and stuff that affect gameplay.

I agree. Its literally all optional costume dlc. And there are plenty of unlockable costumes for every character in the game if you don't want to spend any money. IanC blew that way out of proportion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1