• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - E3 Part 1: Press Conference Roundup

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:55 pm Reply with quote
- Smash Bros.: I always find it hilarious how just one game can send Nintendo's competitors fleeing for the hills in terror. Also this has been making the rounds lately.

Otherwise he'll show up with Star Platinum, Vampire Hunter D, Vegito, and Segata Sanshiro. This is our only warning.

-Sekiro: So they made Bloodborne: Nioh - Bionic Commando but apparently it's NOT going to be an RPG, but an action game like DMC or Ninja Gaiden so no classes or stats.

-DMC5: Yep, the reboot is officially dead. Overall reception has been fine, but people are mixed on the art direction. I wouldn't put it past CAPCOM to be so gutless that they try to please fans of the original and whatever NT made. Still looks like it's gonna play well. Already has better writing.

-Starlink: Looks neat, definitely getting the Switch version if I feel like getting it.

-Ghost of Tsushima: And people thought Nioh was a game for weaboos. Looks alright, plus it's set during an interesting historical moment.

-Nioh 2: YES!

-Daemon x Machina: Big robots! KABOOM!

-Fire Emblem: Neat

Overall, pretty good E3
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:36 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
- Smash Bros.: I always find it hilarious how just one game can send Nintendo's competitors fleeing for the hills in terror.

I find this statement curious given it's hyperbolic and when their competitors are getting a slew of games that the Switch isn't getting. Nintendo still needs to crank out games for the Switch that aren't belated ports.

AiddonValentine wrote:

-DMC5: Yep, the reboot is officially dead. Overall reception has been fine, but people are mixed on the art direction. I wouldn't put it past CAPCOM to be so gutless that they try to please fans of the original and whatever NT made.

How is pleasing groups of people gutless when that's what you're supposed to do with a product?

AiddonValentine wrote:
Already has better writing.

I've never known any of the original DMC games to have good writing, which is why Dante's "I should've been the one to fill your soul with light" occupies the same space as Zero's "What am I fighting for?"

This game is going to have a lot of derpy and nonsensical moments with occasional mood whiplash, in the script just the same as its predecessors.

Quote:

Oh, hi Leon. Nice to see you looking young and healthy again. Also nice to see that your REmake didn't get pushed to 2019 like so many other games being shown.

Shouldn't there be a J/K in there and an explanation that the game doesn't come out til January of next year?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1