• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, July 23-29

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:35 am Reply with quote
Very glad to see that Full Metal Panic is capable of selling this many copies after all these years. I hope this boosts the chances of a fifth season or at least OVA's or movie(s) that conclude the story.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Great to see Yurucamp doing so good. It is such a relaxing slice of life story. Just make me want to go to the great outdoors camping.

Is a little sad to see High School DxD Hero under-performing.
3,159 vs 4,382 of the first volume of High School DxD BorN .

It would be interesting to see if it is because of the:
-overall decline of the BD market or
-the after effects of the bad 3rd season or
-DxD is becoming less of a ecchi harem power fantasy and turning into a batlle shonen with some ecchi elements and that way been less attractive to the usual young adult market that used to buy DxD BD's

Lets hope this decline don't means that this was the last DxD season.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
Great to see Yurucamp doing so good. It is such a relaxing slice of life story. Just make me want to go to the great outdoors camping.

-DxD is becoming less of a ecchi harem power fantasy and turning into a batlle shonen with some ecchi elements and that way been less attractive to the usual young adult market that used to buy DxD BD's

Yes, it's really sad that it sold even less than Born and I hope it wasn't the last season we'll see of the show.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:

I believe its the effect of the fact that less and less BD are getting sold overall every year. But small factors could really be the facts of the way the previous season was handled although this one fixed it with that special 0episode and also perhaps some people got turned away by the new animation which in the end wasnt so bad it just took few episodes to get used to specialy for characters that got affected the most like Rias and Xenovia etc...
Matthew Scudder Smithers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:

but the sales of vol 1 for born is that in the first week or overall and not sure which vol it was for BoRN but the side story EX is probably the reason it sold that much to begin with
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Matthew Scudder Smithers wrote:
Jonny Mendes wrote:

but the sales of vol 1 for born is that in the first week or overall and not sure which vol it was for BoRN but the side story EX is probably the reason it sold that much to begin with

Acording to ANN it was first week. and looking at the other volumes is about 4300 BD's per volume

V1-4,382; V2- 4,382; V3-4,482; V4-4,276; V5-4,024; V6-4,394

Just to put in perspective the first volume of High School DxD New sold 7,023 and the volume 5 of the first season sold 6,532

Last edited by Jonny Mendes on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I’m glad to see The Ancient Magus’ Bride continuing to sell well and I hope it and all the other anime mentioned in the posts above this one can get sequels that won’t be too far away.
Matthew Scudder Smithers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
Jonny Mendes wrote:

Acording to ANN it was first week. and looking at the other volumes is about 4300 BD's per volume

V1-4,382; V2- 4,382; V3-4,482; V4-4,276; V5-4,024; V6-4,394

Just to put in perspective the first volume of High School DxD New sold 7,023 and the volume 5 of the first season sold 6,532

what are the DVD sales or hasn't it been realsed on DVD platform yet
Blankslate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
I’m glad to see The Ancient Magus’ Bride continuing to sell well and I hope it and all the other anime mentioned in the posts above this one can get sequels that won’t be too far away.

The Ancient Magus' Bride anime caught up to the manga, and new chapters are released on a monthly basis, so it's going to be at least 5 years to get 24 more episodes' worth of material.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:20 pm Reply with quote

what are the DVD sales or hasn't it been realsed on DVD platform yet

DVD sales are less important for this kind of Late Night anime. Most of DVD sales are from mainstream shonen series. but even so you can look at them here in ANN. Just need to use the search engine.

The first volume of DxD Hero were 805 and the first volume of DxD BorN were 1,188 if you talk about DVD
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Not sure what to think about those DxD sales. I hope we can get another season.

How long until we usually get confirmation for another DxD season? I'm used to it coming pretty soon after the current one has ended.
Matthew Scudder Smithers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:04 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Not sure what to think about those DxD sales. I hope we can get another season.

How long until we usually get confirmation for another DxD season? I'm used to it coming pretty soon after the current one has ended.

Confirmation won't be till October which is when the same event season 4 was annouced last year. There's gonna be like 4 vols . So the vol that would sell more would be vol 4 as it's has one of the 3 or 4 main events in the light novel
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1