• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: LA-AFF to Host Awards Ceremony for English Dub Actors in Anime Films

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:55 pm Reply with quote
OAO!! Oh my god!! I’m a huge supporter of English dub voice actors so this is right up my alley haha. Good luck to everyone, I’m definitely goanna be watching~
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Aaaaaaand still no TV shows...
JohnRhogan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully THIS will satisfy those who keep epic failing about anime movies receiving Oscar nominations & awards? Anime films are not in every theatre across the country. That's probably why they are never nominated for any Oscars. That's my guess, which is a shame considering English dub studios put alot of time into promotion for them.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Its a step in the right direction tho the road is still a very long one.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:24 pm Reply with quote
#879773 wrote:
Hopefully THIS will satisfy those who keep epic failing about anime movies receiving Oscar nominations & awards? Anime films are not in every theatre across the country. That's probably why they are never nominated for any Oscars. That's my guess, which is a shame considering English dub studios put alot of time into promotion for them.

They’ll never be satisfied until the actual Oscars recognize them. Right now the best thing to appease them is the Japan Academy Prize for Best Animated Film.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:25 pm Reply with quote
1. Why only movies and specials? There are far more TV series.
2. Is this some kind of promotion for Unionized voice work? Like, trying to convince more dub studios to hire Union actors, trying to get more dub actors to join the union, or something like that?
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:47 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
1. Why only movies and specials? There are far more TV series.
2. Is this some kind of promotion for Unionized voice work? Like, trying to convince more dub studios to hire Union actors, trying to get more dub actors to join the union, or something like that?

Totally agree on 1. To answer 2., I highly doubt that, given that Papenbrook and Vincent are both non-union actors; more likely it will promote Californian talent given that they are the ones that tend to dub movies.
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:48 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Aaaaaaand still no TV shows...

Because society does not care unfortunately
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:50 am Reply with quote
DigitalScratch wrote:
OAO!! Oh my god!! I’m a huge supporter of English dub voice actors so this is right up my alley haha. Good luck to everyone, I’m definitely goanna be watching~

I'd like more personally, but at least this is some representation for dub actors who are unfortunately on the lower end of voice acting (with is already on the lower end of acting period).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1