• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: WIT Studio Reports Large Increase in Sales, But 2 Sister Studios Report Net Loss

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:07 pm Reply with quote
IMO its kind of shocking how anime companies end up with so little income, like even though 1.5mln looks big it is really incredibly tiny. 400K feels similarly small.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The company did not disclose the financial information for Signal.MD.

Doesn't seem to be a good sign...
manapear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Yay for Mag garden's performance. I wonder how much it helped that they went online.

I hope the company can hang in there, because overall, I tend to really like the work of IG.
Morry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Considering Wit is the only studio listing shows I can actually remember being popular and/or watching myself, I'm not surprised. Hope the others can turn this around.
-SP-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:29 am Reply with quote
^ Production I.G is definitely the most popular out of all of them.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:29 am Reply with quote
I think it just goes to should how freaking expensive making anime is, even at current rates.

I.G Port's best subsidiary this year, Wit studio, despite the 60% increase in sales with US$13.4 million in total revenue only netted a meager profit of US$278,062 ! That's barely breaking even and just barely enough to fund 1 standard episodes at current costs

And Prodcution IG, despite the 35.6% increase in sales from last year for a total of US$27.79 million, greater than Wit Studio's revenue, still resulted in a net loss US$412,300! (i.e. Production IG production costs were that much more than sales)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1