• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Strike Witches 501 Butai Hasshinshimasu! Anime Reveals Staff, Spring 2019 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Name

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:38 am Reply with quote
I really hope this is full length. Also Miyafuji and Sakamoto are beyond adorable on that cover.
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:15 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
I really hope this is full length. Also Miyafuji and Sakamoto are beyond adorable on that cover.

I bet it will be like 5 mins or less these things are normally really sort
MesousaGaby

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I love that Strike Witches is pulling a Teen Titans Go approach for this. Although...it is concerning with the number of studios involved in this, and like what Azza mentioned, it may only be 5 minute shorts. Maybe two 11 minute segments each like most western cartoons do?
TravellinMatt77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:13 pm Reply with quote
If the show does feature 5-minute episodes, I wonder if Funimation will bother licensing it (as they have with the rest of the Witches franchise). As far as I know, they don't stream or sell too many short-format anime series.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:30 pm Reply with quote
TravellinMatt77 wrote:
If the show does feature 5-minute episodes, I wonder if Funimation will bother licensing it (as they have with the rest of the Witches franchise). As far as I know, they don't stream or sell too many short-format anime series.

Not everything from the Witches franchise goes to Funimation. When Brave Witches started to air, Crunchyroll somehow called firsts dibs on licensing that spin-off anime series and during their partnership with Funimation, Funimation went and made a dub for it. But now that their partnership has ended (after the acquisition of those anime companies by AT&T/WarnerMedia and Sony), the dub ended up being pulled out of Funimation's streaming platform by Crunchyroll to having it on their streaming service which I don't like because it was a dub Funimation made and NOT Crunchyroll.

From now on, as Funimation's competitor, Crunchyroll is going to have to produce their own dubs by their staff with their own talent in their area (SF/Bay area) without relying on anyone else which is how it should have been.

Last edited by CANimeFan88 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
nDroae

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:00 pm Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:
(...)the dub ended up being pulled out of Funimation's streaming platform by Crunchyroll to having on their streaming service which I don't because it was a dub Funimation made and NOT Crunchyroll.

Don't what?

Funimation seems to have a lot of "lost children" now. I recently started watching FMA Brotherhood on CR, where it's licensed from Aniplex since Funi lost the license to them, but the end credits are Funimation's English credits (even though I'm watching the sub). Feels weird.

CANimeFan88 wrote:
From now on, as Funimation's competitor, Crunchyroll is going to have to produce their own dubs by their staff with their own talent in their area (SF/Bay area) without relying on anyone else which is how it should have been.

I guess they could potentially work with studios anywhere, thanks to the internet. This article
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/11/09/got-dubs-crunchyroll-boosts-english-dub-library-with-crunchyroll-dubs
lists the Bungo Stray Dogs dub as having been produced by Studiopolis, located 350 miles to the south in Los Angeles.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:40 pm Reply with quote
nDroae wrote:
Don't what?

I just corrected it. It was a simple error on my part. I was simply trying to say that I don't like seeing a Funimation dub in Crunchyroll's library.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1