• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mix Baseball Anime Reveals Staff, Visual, April 2019 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:05 am Reply with quote
So the same timeslot that heroaca aired. So no heroaca in spring? Guess the ratings were qs bad as people consistently mentioned afterall.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:07 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
So the same timeslot that heroaca aired. So no heroaca in spring? Guess the ratings were qs bad as people consistently mentioned afterall.

That doesn't make any sense lol. Hero Aca had it's best ratings during s3, who ever said those things didn't really think about it.

It's a popular spot and the competition for it must be high. It might just air later and that means a better and even stronger production! I'm all for it.

As for this show, it looks really cool. I need more baseball anime in my life
John Thacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:14 am Reply with quote
Fantastic. I love all Adachi series, but unfortunately they tend not to get North American releases. (Very sad that Cross Game never got a physical release and then Viz's anime license lapsed, though I got the manga.) They're absolutely important parts of the cultural canon in Japan, and I'm sure this will get great ratings.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:17 am Reply with quote
I really liked Touch; I look forward to checking out this new show. Interestingly, it has also been around 30 years since Touch finished airing.
Black Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:08 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I really liked Touch; I look forward to checking out this new show. Interestingly, it has also been around 30 years since Touch finished airing.
They probably won't adapt the whole thing, since Mix is still runing and and chapter are monthly.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
and Norihito Sumitomo (Dragon Ball Super, Dragon Ball Z Kai) is composing the music.

Wonder if the score will be as lame as his Buu Kai & early Super work?
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Fair warning though. It's been going for 6 years but has a serious lack of conflict/drama. I keep expecting some big reveal or twist. Adaichi has pretty much broken the 4th wall to tell the audience no one is meeting Truck-kun in this series but SOMETHING has to happen to MIX things up. It's set up for a step-brother rivalry but it never goes anywhere (although there's a step-brother rivalry between supporting characters),

The anime is going to have to really focus on the slice-of-life humor because the baseball developments are really lacking.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Black Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Fair warning though. It's been going for 6 years but has a serious lack of conflict/drama. I keep expecting some big reveal or twist. Adaichi has pretty much broken the 4th wall to tell the audience no one is meeting Truck-kun in this series but SOMETHING has to happen to MIX things up. It's set up for a step-brother rivalry but it never goes anywhere (although there's a step-brother rivalry between supporting characters),

The anime is going to have to really focus on the slice-of-life humor because the baseball developments are really lacking.
I'm still waiting for my Tatsuya cameo. He doesn't need to have an important part, but still, I want to see him.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:14 am Reply with quote
Or just to know what happened to him. You'd think absolutely everyone would know him by name- with school fields and buildings named after him. If Adaichi considers the anime-only movies canon to his story we know he at least began a Pro career but not how far he went. The most recent issue mentions Kazuya as one of the tragedies of Meisei, but not Tatsuya.

Really, you-know-who has to get his memory back so we can get some real info... although Nishimura should know too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1