• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Street Fighter V Game Reveals New Playable Character Kage

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:06 am Reply with quote
Isn't this just Evil Ryu? I don't get the name change.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:49 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

My best guess is that Kage is supposed be the true representation of the Dark Hadou essence Ryu has inside of him
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:51 am Reply with quote
Super Street Fighter IV had Oni (Shin Akuma #2) introduced in Arcade Edition and now we have this...I wonder if they'll keep this going with Street Fighter VI since they also have Ken and Gouken (IF playable again like on IV) in the roster?
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:42 am Reply with quote
I might imagine that Kage is an Evil counterpart of Ken, i would feel this could be an huge suprised.
Rosiero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:16 am Reply with quote
I roll my eyes every time SF adds one of these edgy EVIL characters. Even as a kid I found them boring. I actually liked when SFV launched and had a pretty conservative roster, but I guess it's going to end up like SFIV with so many characters you need a telescope just to read the character select screen at this rate.
Souther

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:25 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
v1cious wrote:

My best guess is that Kage is supposed be the true representation of the Dark Hadou essence Ryu has inside of him

Yeah, in his breakdown video they mentioned Kage was the embodiment of Satsui no Hadou, likely Ryu's manifesting itself after being expelled from him.

Aside from the horns and boring looking regular CA (Evil Ryu’s Metsu Shoryu in SFIV’s much better), he looks fun and potentially strong. Gonna give him a whirl later on.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:13 am Reply with quote
Rosiero wrote:
I actually liked when SFV launched and had a pretty conservative roster, but I guess it's going to end up like SFIV with so many characters you need a telescope just to read the character select screen at this rate.

Blame the fans as this happens with every long in the tooth fighting game series.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:02 am Reply with quote
Rosiero wrote:
I actually liked when SFV launched and had a pretty conservative roster, but I guess it's going to end up like SFIV with so many characters you need a telescope just to read the character select screen at this rate.

Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if they had some more of the important characters in the series at launch and not have everyone wait for season 3 to get them (or seasons 1 & 2 if we count people like Guile & Akuma). The new additions would have happened anyway but at least that base roster would have had a better selection to choose from than with half of what we got.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1