• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest TV Anime Premieres in July 2019

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fantaselion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:20 pm Reply with quote
That looks 1000 times better than the ollld key visual

also the hype is real.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:21 pm Reply with quote
It still looks low budget, but not hideously so this time! Looks like whoever it was who raised hell in Japan about an impending dumpster fire did their job properly.

I'm looking forward to Arifureta! Lol at Kaori not making the poster while Tio did, though.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:28 pm Reply with quote
fantaselion wrote:
That looks 1000 times better than the ollld key visual

also the hype is real.

Agree, the old one was really disappointing, Arifureta deserved better and finally got justice. Now, if the earliest scenes could be censure-free that would be great.
DDragonking

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Looks way better than it did lol. The old one looked like an early 2000s anime. Also hype because at least we’ll get to volume 3, maybe 4 depending on the cour and how much detail they wanna cut, because I really want it to get to 4 because that is probably the best stopping point for it. Really hope it doesn’t end up like Ragnarok
natchu96

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Just goes to show even if you really don't have much of a budget you should at least do what you can with the money that's there I suppose. I wasn't expecting some masterpiece of animation so this is already an improvement. The plot is more of a guilty pleasure thing anyway.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:29 pm Reply with quote
natchu96 wrote:
Just goes to show even if you really don't have much of a budget you should at least do what you can with the money that's there I suppose. I wasn't expecting some masterpiece of animation so this is already an improvement. The plot is more of a guilty pleasure thing anyway.

what?
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:12 am Reply with quote
Got my fingers crossed. This is one of my favorite LN's, so hoping for the best in the anime.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:39 am Reply with quote
So, what is this? Another harem show with OP protagonist or it isn't?
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:44 am Reply with quote
What else?
When a series basically recycles the same plot that's trending and been done millions of times, with only the smallest twists, a male protag and a lot of girls, you can already guess the soul and talent poured into it.
Add to that a cheap and "only for advertisement, we won't get anywhere anyways" type of adaptation, et voilá.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:44 am Reply with quote
Wow a whole year and a half delay. At least we finally got a date, I thought it would be airing in winter.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:53 am Reply with quote
Finally we got a date for Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou one of my most anticipated anime of 2019
The key visual looks allot better now.

Sunny milk wrote:
What else?
When a series basically recycles the same plot that's trending and been done millions of times, with only the smallest twists, a male protag and a lot of girls, you can already guess the soul and talent poured into it.
Add to that a cheap and "only for advertisement, we won't get anywhere anyways" type of adaptation, et voilá.

Welcome to the world of entertainment.
I doesn't matter if is shonen, idol, fujoshi, battle harem, isekai, sports, etc, in all genres are mostly recycles the same plot with the only difference is execution.
The same happens with series and movies were all is almost the same or even worse, remakes, reboots and sequels/prequels.

A new original story is very rare.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:38 am Reply with quote
"A new original story is very rare."

Still doesn't excuse the exorbitant amounts of crappy ecchi harem nonsense already announced to be airing next year because God knows those kind of anime aren't actually selling all that well and there's already ton of complaints about how the industry is in a turmoil of oversaturation with this stupid, bullshit genre that makes fun of fictional girls as if they're idiots and the main guy are always gonna be there for the girls to feel that they should be jerking off to him at any moment worth of noticing. It's a painfully awful genre and I just can't wait to see more of these kind to not be selling well. Heck, I'm more willing to take the rising of fujo stuff with an open arm rather than whatever this article was putting into details for.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:31 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
"A new original story is very rare."

Still doesn't excuse the exorbitant amounts of crappy ecchi harem nonsense already announced to be airing next year because God knows those kind of anime aren't actually selling all that well and there's already ton of complaints about how the industry is in a turmoil of oversaturation with this stupid, bullshit genre that makes fun of fictional girls as if they're idiots and the main guy are always gonna be there for the girls to feel that they should be jerking off to him at any moment worth of noticing. It's a painfully awful genre and I just can't wait to see more of these kind to not be selling well. Heck, I'm more willing to take the rising of fujo stuff with an open arm rather than whatever this article was putting into details for.

Maybe you don't like it but there are lots and lots of fans of this kind of stories and not only in Japan. I'm one of those fans. Just love this kind of OP MC's been in school/battle harem or isekai,

Is difficult to tell if it sells or not if you are only going to go for disk sales, because what matters is if the LN or the manga will get more sales out of it because that why LN/manga publishers are spending so much money to produce this kind of anime and if the LN or manga get the sales push the publisher wanted, is more difficult to know

Looking at LN sales with so many of them been isekai harems, i would say that more anime to promote them will come in the future.
This is what is the hype now. A few years ago was school/battle harem.

But right now looks like fujoshi anime will be the next great thing looking that more are been produce nowadays.

If, by other end you like anime made with western audience in mind, you always have Netflix anime.

And even I don't watch those kind of anime, I'm happy for the fans of those anime. If there are all genres of anime for all kinds of audience is the best.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1