• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Top-Selling Animation in Japan on Blu-ray Disc/DVD by Series: 2018

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HikariGo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:05 pm Reply with quote
So this years Conan film Blu-Ray/DVD combined sales were basically the same as the combined Blu-Ray/DVD sales for the previous two films combined in their release years?

What a monster!! A high-rating anime, record box office grosses every year and now huge home video sales, recent boost in manga sales and a hugely popular spin-off manga which is getting sales above many major Shonen Jump titles.

Will Shogakkun ever let Gosho finish the manga, or will they work out a way to continue to produce the anime series and films even after the main story has concluded to ensure the gravy train doesn't stop?

It's not like Gosho wouldn't be one of the highest paid mangaka in the industry with I suspect only Oda and Akira Toriyama (must still be raking in those anime, manga and merchandise royalties surely) likely being higher.

No wonder Gosho is taking such long breaks now. No need for money and no pressure from above (the longer the manga stretches out the better for Shogakkun in terms of other revenue streams).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1