• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:51 am Reply with quote
God, I didn’t watch this show but it came on TV while I was in Tokyo and I honestly couldn’t believe how bad the animation was. Not Sister Writer levels of bad but my god there was a lot of off model janky crap
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:06 pm Reply with quote
It's kinda weird that the main character's identity is spoiler[ Gilles de Rais, an infamous mass child murderer/rapist,] and he has to constantly french kiss the 12-year old girl to replenish her powers.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:29 pm Reply with quote
After how much I genuinely enjoyed The Ambition of Oda Nobuna, I was greatly let down by this one. There was a lot that could have worked here, but they went into some really bland directions that really didn't live up to the hopes that I had for the series.

They easily could have made what was essentially the aforementioned series all over again, only with the Hundred Years War as the setting rather than the Sengoku era. Oh well, this one definitely deserves its reputation as one of the worst of 2018.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I had hoped that this one would at least muster up some passable fanservice to make up for it being so bland, but it didn't even manage that much.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:52 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this show was pretty awful. The review did not even mention how terrible it was with the use of a crossdressing boy.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:00 am Reply with quote
CaRoss wrote:
After how much I genuinely enjoyed The Ambition of Oda Nobuna, I was greatly let down by this one. There was a lot that could have worked here, but they went into some really bland directions that really didn't live up to the hopes that I had for the series.

They easily could have made what was essentially the aforementioned series all over again, only with the Hundred Years War as the setting rather than the Sengoku era. Oh well, this one definitely deserves its reputation as one of the worst of 2018.

Yeah.
Fred Lougee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:14 am Reply with quote
Glad I gave this one a wide passage, but then gender-swap historicals are something I have been adverse to since, um...Sengoku Otome something...that one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1