• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek to Release Beyblade G Revolution Anime, X-Bomber Puppet Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:56 pm Reply with quote
All thats left is the Fierce Battle movie and Discotek will have all of the orginal series.
CornBreadMan264

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Keep those Beyblade releases coming!
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:20 pm Reply with quote
What do you mean English dub produced sometime in 2016/17?

The series was British dubbed back in 1982 and the soundtrack covered by Brian May!
(my favourite record in my fathers collection)
loveliver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I can't stop saying this. Miramax needs to let the license to Fierce Battle go, or are they just forgetful?
CornBreadMan264 wrote:

Well, Nelvana still has the Metal series, and DVD releases of all four seasons were released late last year. I'm still thinking Shout!, Cinedigm or NCircle will release the Burst series, but I'm not for sure.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm Reply with quote
WatcherZer wrote:
What do you mean English dub produced sometime in 2016/17?

The series was British dubbed back in 1982 and the soundtrack covered by Brian May!
(my favourite record in my fathers collection)

Also the Discotek DVD set has a documentary extra that was produced in 2008 for the UK DVD release (which btw will be in the SD BD) so yeah, time to correct another article.

loveliver wrote:
I can't stop saying this. Miramax needs to let the license to Fierce Battle go, or are they just forgetful?

Considering they still have Pokemon movies 4-7, I don't see this one going anywhere either sadly.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Ooh, I would like to give X-Bomber another shot, but in the original Japanese this time! The terrible dub was literally the reason I had to stop my attempt at what seemed an otherwise interesting series. Seeing as how, due to ancient TechTV marathons of Thunderbirds growing on, I'm immune to thinking of puppet shows as "weird", I was quite looking forward to Star Fleet, but then I just could not reconcile that dub. I'm still struggling to figure out why a lot of dubs of all children's shows of that era, but especially of foreign material, had all of these ridiculous voices that neither sounded good or were easy to understand, all acted in a terribly stilted way and Star Fleet's dub was no exception. If anything, it annoyed me more because while I'm not a complete purist freak, it's also incredibly distracting with how they pronounced the lead's name (Shiro) as "Shy-roh", and considering that I was watching Voltron at the time too, they were clearly way off. Hilariously, they couldn't really get away with changing the name since it's on the guy's helmet, but I kind of wish it weren't now so they would've been able to change it better.

But sub X-Bomber, hooray!
Naruto Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:34 pm Reply with quote
loveliver wrote:
CornBreadMan264 wrote:

Well, Nelvana still has the Metal series, and DVD releases of all four seasons were released late last year. I'm still thinking Shout!, Cinedigm or NCircle will release the Burst series, but I'm not for sure.

Wow, I didn't know that! Metal Masters is my favorite Beyblade and I wanted to see it again! I had been waiting for a Metal release for the longest time and had just given up on it the past few years.
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:11 pm Reply with quote
British dub is actually pretty good, the voices are normal British voices (though Hercules is a put on American accent). Proffessor Ben is a bit stilted but that's just how college professors in Britain talked. There were some issues with the dialog having to be random and unnecessary exclamations but its because they had to match the lip flaps.

My main issue with the Dub (and its the same terms in the original Japanese source) is the complete misunderstanding of Astronomy, getting solar system and galaxy mixed up and showing no comprehension of astronomical distances but it seems to be exactly the same in all Japanese shows of the era (e.g. Yamato, Starzinger, etc... only Gundam seems to get it right). Makes you wonder if Japanese schools were just really poor in that regard.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Cool finally they are getting the updates out for 'X-Bomber'.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1