• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Izumi Kitta to Study Abroad for 1 Year in Great Britain

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:17 pm Reply with quote
An established VA being based in the UK for a year? I can almost hear the sound of the Hyper Japan booking agents firing up London's last fax machine...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Will this be like the reverse mysterious transfer student?
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:29 am Reply with quote
ok
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:37 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Kitta noted that Great Britain is the home of Sherlock Holmes, the character that inspired the Project Milky Holmes multimedia franchise she was involved with.
So she chose the UK over the US because the fictional character that her most well known show is loosely based on is from there?

I wonder where in the UK she will stay, my guess is London, but Edinburgh would be an applicable place since that is where Arthur Conan Doyle was born and raised.
Idgal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:43 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Quote:
Kitta noted that Great Britain is the home of Sherlock Holmes, the character that inspired the Project Milky Holmes multimedia franchise she was involved with.
So she chose the UK over the US because the fictional character that her most well known show is loosely based on is from there?

Europe and UK is always more appealing to Japanese then USA
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:43 am Reply with quote
Idgal wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
Quote:

Europe and UK is always more appealing to Japanese then USA
I legitimately did not know that, they are big on Holywood movies and pop culture, so i just thought they would be keener on visiting the US.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1