• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Parting Ways

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
And given Cygames doesn't really do console development… ooof, I certainly hope they have some idea of what they're doing.

During and interview they did say that they wanted to develop PS4 games from the go but didn't have the fans so they went the mobage way to garner them first... let's hope they tried to get a bit of the know how along GBF's/Shadowverse/Rage Of Bahamut/etc's development...
Northlander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly a bit curious how the Viera will be handled too. So far, I've only really met spoiler[Fran as a part of the last 24 person raid for Stormblood], so I don't really have a good grasp on how they're handling the race, but judging by the promo image on the video, looks like they'll be like I experienced them in FF XII.

There, they were not only a female only race, but all of them looked like they were in their late teens/early twenties. No children and no elderly among the master bunny race. That said, the game also featured a seemingly all male race, whose age I had a harder time judging as they all wore huge tribal masks of some sort that covered their entire heads.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:24 pm Reply with quote
-Granblue Fantasy: Yeah, that came out of NOWHERE. Hopefully Platinum are doing fine with Bayonetta 3 on the horizon because I'd rather they not turn into the Japanese equivalent of Obsidian when it comes to project problems.

-FFXIV: Give us male Viera dressed exactly like the women. Do it, you cowards, make them fabulous. Also amazing how twenty years of difference has not made the gunblade look any less stupid. Twitch Prime is also giving away the Starter Edition of FFXIV, so you get a free month of play time and check out everything up to Level 50. I've been playing the past few days and I'm starting to see what the appeal is.

-Senran Kagura: yeah, this series looks like it's going to have problems in the future what with changing regulations. Then again that's probably going to hit ecchi games in general.

And the DMC5 demo is up. Ah, feels good to have Nero again, slicing fools up, being snarky, and generally making a game with sheer, joyful energy and style (unlike whatever the hell Ninja Theory thought they were making). The only thing that's a bit iffy is the Breaker system with Nero because of their disposable nature and inability to switch between them freely. Most of the time I didn't even bother with them, just relying on good ol' hack and slash and gunplay. Only one month until the game comes out and it's shaping up to be a grand return

Last edited by AiddonValentine on Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Nintendo? Where's the direct? I need Daemon x Machina's release date.
Calico

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Who knows – is there really that much demand for Viera dudes?

Looking at the comments on the official english twitter when they announced them as playable, yeah, there's a pretty big demand for them.
Northlander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:39 am Reply with quote
If you make a Viera and then put her in the bunny suit you can get in the Golden Saucer (sans ears, because the department of redundant redundancy prohibits it), would you then be committing plagiarism?
OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:00 am Reply with quote
I hope the Switch release of Blazblue Central Fiction at least fixes the English translation (or adds a Japanese text option on the English release). You can tell it was rushed and it's nowhere near the level of Chrono Phantasma Extend's in terms of quality. I remember at launch on PS4 there were some glaring errors, an awful lot of awkward, overly-literal phraseology, and at least one pair of victory quotes that mistakenly had their translations switched.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1