• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Takako Shimura's New Manga's Story, Visual, March Launch Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:53 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to Shimura-sensei's return to yuri! spoiler[Though I it isn't classified as such, I have always considered Wandering Son a yuri story in a sense. It certainly ends up that way...] I'll never quite understand how Shimura-sensei was able to manage to produce two amazing series like Aoi Hana and Wandering Son simultaneously for so many years without getting burnt out completely... it's impressive. It's such a shame that the anime adaptations of each covered so little of the source material.

As for the new work, it's something that is definitely needed! There are manga centered on adult yuri storylines, but not many high profile ones. The majority of the well known yuri manga feature middle school, high school, or at best college age girls unless there's an age-gap story involved, at which point there's an adult character AND one of the above. Hopefully this manga will get some attention and be well written.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:56 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
I'm looking forward to Shimura-sensei's return to yuri! spoiler[Though I it isn't classified as such, I have always considered Wandering Son a yuri story in a sense. It certainly ends up that way...] I'll never quite understand how Shimura-sensei was able to manage to produce two amazing series like Aoi Hana and Wandering Son simultaneously for so many years without getting burnt out completely... it's impressive. It's such a shame that the anime adaptations of each covered so little of the source material.

As for the new work, it's something that is definitely needed! There are manga centered on adult yuri storylines, but not many high profile ones. The majority of the well known yuri manga feature middle school, high school, or at best college age girls unless there's an age-gap story involved, at which point there's an adult character AND one of the above. Hopefully this manga will get some attention and be well written.

Personally, I agree with all that you have said. I have enjoyed all of her works and it is amazing! I know Aoi Hana did cover adults with yuri but nothing as them being the main characters.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Curious to know how this story will manage. Good to see more from her.
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:21 pm Reply with quote
capt_bunny wrote:
zensunni wrote:

Personally, I agree with all that you have said. I have enjoyed all of her works and it is amazing! I know Aoi Hana did cover adults with yuri but nothing as them being the main characters.

Exactly! spoiler[Similar to Bloom Into You having an adult couple as role models, at least for those characters aware of the relationship.]
Physco Fish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I ADORE Shimura's works, and as much as I love Aoi Hana I've always wished there was more yuri that branched out from the girls school settings. Unreasonably excited for this
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1