• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nijimen Readers Pick 10 Anime That Need Remakes

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Nice list but i would like to add:

Claymore and adapt the compleet manga series
Rosario vampire and adapt series 1 and 2 of the manga.
Spice and Wolf dont need a remake but it does need sequels to adapt the whole LN series.
Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
Cardcaptor Sakura
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Ouran doesn't need a remake, season 2 is fine. Or is it far from source material? I've resd only 4 volumes.
I really wanna see Claymore and Soul Eater, these 2 shows deserve better.
RenRen94

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Nijimen readers, I greatly appreciate your yearning for a Reborn! remake, as I would die for that.

I would have loved to vote for more than 3 series, but ultimately settled on Reborn!, Ouran, and added Pandora Hearts to the poll. Kinda with there was an option to add more than one show, then I would have added 07-Ghost and Flame of Recca to the list (to name a few), but I leaned more towards Pandora Hearts instead.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I have not seen 12 Kingdoms, however what I've heard about it's Anime adaptation has only ever been overwhelmingly positive.
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:59 pm Reply with quote
@TheMorry: I agree with Claymore.

Otherwise, I only would be interested in a remake of Slam Dunk, Samurai Deeper Kyo and maybe The 12 Kingdoms.
alconnow_

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I wish Baccano! Could get a remake. I want the drug and domino (and the rest of the light novels) to be adapted in full. The anime partially adapted the light novels...
INS Division 6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Elfen Lied needs a remake to follow the ending of the manga.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Skim the fat and remake Rose of Versailles into a two cours series. Do the same for Captain Harlock. And adapting all of Claymore sounds like a great idea.
everapril

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Adapt all of Angel Sanctuary, you cowards! Give this generation something to chuuni about in the best way. Aren’t imouto anime so hot right now? My Little Sister Can’t Possibly spoiler[Be the Reincarnation of My Lesbian Love Interest ]In Another Life?!
everapril

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:18 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Skim the fat and remake Rose of Versailles into a two cours series. Do the same for Captain Harlock. And adapting all of Claymore sounds like a great idea.

Agree and maybe because I grew up more with the stuff that Rose of the Versailles influenced, but I’d actually love for a remake that isn’t a slavish retelling but more like this season’s Dororo or Devilman Crybaby that plays with the themes and pays homage to its genre.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:23 pm Reply with quote
My votes:

Ouran High School Host Club - Honestly, I'd be kinda fine with a Season 2 as well, although I feel like they'd have to change up a few things to make it with Season 1. Although doing a full remake would also be neat.

Vampire Knight - While I'm kinda okay with Season 2, I think it could benefit from a reboot. Maybe with a new studio too. The choice with Studio Deen is alright, but I think another studio could do better with portraying Matsuri Hino's work?

And I wrote in a vote for Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. I LOVED the OVAs. I liked the movie. But the TV series itself? I mean, parts of it was fine, but I didn't enjoy it very well. Too much filler and definitely didn't like the animation. With the series being over, I think it could use a good reboot - even with rebooting parts of the OVAs as well - with a better animation studio. I would kinda say Production I.G., since they did the OVAs, but at the same time they also animated the xxxHolic series, which parts of that wasn't very great either.

Speaking of xxxHolic, that'd be another series I'd love to see rebooted, especially if Tsubasa gets a reboot. Given how connected the two series get towards the end of their runs, it would be appropriate if they'd get rebooted at the same time as well.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:31 pm Reply with quote
INS Division 6 wrote:
Elfen Lied needs a remake to follow the ending of the manga.

Elfen Lied just needs another Season.
catandmouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:54 pm Reply with quote
It’s not on the list, but lately I’ve been thinking I’d love to see a remake of the No. 6 anime. I honestly hated the anime adaptation, and hope that someday there is a more faithful adaptation of the source material since it’s one of my favorite stories. I hated what they did to the ending in the anime.
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:54 pm Reply with quote
I'd die happy if there was a Trigun Maximum anime.

As for Ouran, I'd like a season 2 more, the anime was fine, I just want more.
Beansprout Midget

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually sort of surprised Ouran is still popular. Would love another season, not necessarily a remake, but any more Ouran would be great. And Reborn? I know it didn't follow the end of the manga, but how far off was it? Or did it just abruptly end? Also, if somebody could give Soul Eater, Pandora Hearts, and Claymore the Brotherhood/HxH treatment, that'd be great.

As for my own remakes, I'd argue Saint Seiya. Give it the DBZ Kai treatment, cut down all of the fluff, reanimate some stuff, and it becomes a bit more accessible. I'll also quietly suggest a continuation of Rurouni Kenshin with an animated Jinchuu arc. It won't happen (why would you do such a thing Watsuki), but I can still dream.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4