• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon-Hunting Grandpa Mega-Evolves with 22 Smartphones

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Multiaccounting in any of Niantic's games is a TOS violation. Banned in 5... 4... 3...
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I hope the grandpa is aware that unless you travel to other countries, you'll never be able to catch all the Pokemon no matter how many mobile phones you use.
meruru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I doubt they'll TOS him from seeing the videos, because he generates free publicity every time he goes viral.

Mostly it just reminds me of how Pokémon Go just isn't a very good game. Like, it's great for motivating homebodies to go outside, but you can also play it on 22 phones at once by randomly banging on just some of the phones as fast as possible.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:00 pm Reply with quote
meruru wrote:
I doubt they'll TOS him from seeing the videos, because he generates free publicity every time he goes viral.

Also shows their double standard and encourages other people to multi... well, by what I hear it is on near epidemic levels in Pogo anyway. Whereas Ingress community is rather self-policing, stomping on multiaccounters pretty hard and reporting them relentlessly. Can be a rough awakening to Pogoers who come to try "that other game."
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:51 pm Reply with quote
This guy lives in the year 3019 while we're still here in the stone age.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand the point of having more than one account. You can't even trade in Pokemon Go.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:42 pm Reply with quote
#873796 wrote:
I don't understand the point of having more than one account. You can't even trade in Pokemon Go.

Uh, yeah you can. For almost a year now. And more recently, you can battle against other people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1